Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 23
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 33017 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
Nately99

Nederland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to get Sweet Home 3D working on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS?

Hello,

I have been using Sweet Home 3D on previous versions of Ubuntu and was pleased to find the program in the Ubuntu Software Center. Unfortunately i don't seem to get the program to work. It crashes directly after starting without any reports. I'm using a clean install of Ubuntu.

My Java version:

openjdk version "1.8.0_91"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-8u91-b14-0ubuntu4~16.04.1-b14)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

Any suggestions? My new house is to be completed in a few months so it would be great if i could make the final adjustments in the drawings.
[Jun 19, 2016, 10:24:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How to get Sweet Home 3D working on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS?

Don't use the version in Ubuntu Software Center, because it depends on Java 8 which causes some problems in Sweet Home 3D as soon as you use some textures. Simply use the installer version available at Download page.
If you want an icon for Sweet Home 3D + file association in your system, please read this thread.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 19, 2016, 11:04:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nately99

Nederland

Emmanuel,
Thanks for the quick response. I've downloaded the installer, but it gives the same result. For a brief moment i see the program start before it immediately disappears. Again no error reports.
What am i doing wrong?
[Jun 19, 2016, 12:11:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
salimkamal

I am using linux for the past 10 years mainly ubuntu or one of its derivatives. I had the same problem with Xubuntu 16.04. I am using the SweetHome3D 5.2.tgz downloaded from Sweethome 3D website and uncompress it in a local folder. after running the executable file named “SweetHome3D” in a terminal (double clicking doesn't execute it) the application crashes and I get this message
Java 3D: implicit antialiasing enabled
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f5e3a996b6d, pid=5813, tid=140042699675392
#
# JRE version: 6.0_45-b06
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.45-b01 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [r600_dri.so+0x1f4b6d] __driDriverGetExtensions_virtio_gpu+0x1590bd
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /media/lino/Shehata/Soft/Design and multimedia/SweetHome3D-5.2/hs_err_pid5813.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
Aborted (core dumped)

Initially I thought the problem could be a result of the open source radeon driver as ubuntu 16.04 doesn’t support the proprietary ATI driver (FGLRX), therefore I installed Xubuntu 14.04 and running the application was successful but when I tried to go to the preferences from the “File Menu” the application crashes again (I need to change the measure units from feets to meters). The same problem happened on openSuse leap 41 and Debian Jessie. Finally I installed Fedora 24 but again I was not able to change the preferences on the regular Gnome session but when I ran the SH3D in “Gnome on Wayland” session and the SH3D worked without troubles (I was able to change the preferences).

I am not a programmer, just a linux user but I think there is problem with the Xorg display server on the new linux distributions.
[Jun 23, 2016, 11:33:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adlerhn

Europe

For Debian/Ubuntu, you can use the version from http://www.getdeb.net/ as well.
[Jul 6, 2016, 11:10:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gustlgans

Hello,
I have got the same problem.
I used the version form getdeb and it creates the same error.
Maybe some knows a workaround
Thanks
gustl
[Jul 30, 2016, 9:40:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adlerhn

Europe

gustlgans: which graphics card do you have? can you try using different drivers? It may be related to that.
[Jul 30, 2016, 7:48:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AraiBob

Hi, I have also used this program with prior versions of Ubuntu. I was working fine on 14.04, and decided to upgrade to 16.04LTS. It works fine, and when I used the software installer provided by Ubuntu, it says it worked fine. However, when I try to use it, it opens for a moment, then closes, without an error that would get someone to fix. The replies I see here don't help much. Trust me, it is NOT my fault. I would like some real help and advice.
[Aug 3, 2016, 1:25:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I was so fed up with Ubuntu 16.04, that I deleted it.
Now, I use Mint 18 Cinnamon, and all I have to do is unzip the SH3D file, and the program runs.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 3, 2016, 3:08:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AraiBob

Hi, I tried the "version from http://www.getdeb.net/ as well." method... Confusing, as usual the instructions are 'terse'...

However, I did get SweetHome3d installed. After the install of 'getdeb', I did the sudo apt-get update, followed by sudo apt-get upgrade, and it noted it wanted to install SweetHome3D. Yippeee.. However... once it finished, I saw the icon for SH3D on the left, and clicked on it. The panel opened. I tried to push the open file icon so I can get my previous work, and it did not respond. After a few more seconds, the program shut down, no errors I could see. During the install I did get an error related to a problem I have reported to Launchpad... #1573790 package xine-ui 0.99.9-1.2 [modified: var/lib/xine/xine.desktop] failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 139
xine-ui (Ubuntu) [[ It has been almost a month and still not fixed. Is this related to SH3D?
[Aug 7, 2016, 9:17:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved