Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8568 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
GeorgeGibson75

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
angry cant open home

I have recently purchased a version of Sweet Home 3D from Amazon and had been using it for a few days. Saving my progress as I went. This morning I can open the Sweet Home 3D program and create new homes but the program cant open my saved home. I get the error message:

cant opent home
"my_home.sh3d"

I and using:
Version 5.2.2 Amazon Store
Java version 1.8.0_51/64 bit/6.2 GBmax
Windows 7 Professional

Is there something I can do to recover this file? I am not happy that I could have lost my efforts and reluctant to start re-creating my plan in case this is a re-occurring problem.
[Jun 20, 2016, 3:17:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: cant open home

Nobody is never happy to lose his work, whatever software he uses, and years after years, I improved Sweet Home 3D to ensure that your kind of issue happens the less often possible. The best protection against it is to backup regularly your work, manually or automatically.
Nevertheless, please send your file and I'll try to see if it can be fixed even if there's very little hope.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jun 20, 2016, 8:14:02 PM]
[Jun 20, 2016, 5:59:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GeorgeGibson75

US

I tried to send my home file to you but I got:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

infor@eteks.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain eteks.com by mail.eteks.com. [176.31.241.24].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <infor@eteks.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
[Jun 20, 2016, 7:27:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry this is not infor@eteks.com but info@eteks.com
[Jun 20, 2016, 8:14:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your file.
Unfortunately, nothing is recoverable from your file, because it contains only zeros. It's not the first time it happens, but I (and other experts I asked) have no idea how this can happen.
Check in the subfolders of C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work (where user is your login) if there are some files starting by open and ending with .sweethome3d. If such files exist, copy the most recent one, change its extension by .sh3d and try to open it with Sweet Home 3D.
By the way, did you encounter some program crash?
[Jun 21, 2016, 9:25:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GeorgeGibson75

US

Following this method I managed to find files in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work. After doing the suggested re-naming, the most recent one still would not open. There was an older one from the previous day that I did manage to open though. I lost a days work but at least that is better than loosing the whole thing.
I think the file corruption happened when my computer did an automatic windows update thing while the Sweet Home 3d program was open. This never affects any other type if file type though so seems to be an instability on the development side.
[Jun 22, 2016, 7:34:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
feryrmd

Indonesia

I can't open my work. how to fix this case "can't open home" . I am use Windows X .
[Apr 16, 2020, 2:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Send me your file, I'll check it.
[Apr 16, 2020, 9:38:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved