Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17084 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
4B2b2S.sh3d

Here's another house design I have been working on as mentioned on a previous thread (here): 4B2b2S. I've been working on the roof as well as a few changes to the exterior - I haven't added any fencing or backyard though - and I'm thinking on working on the interior as well. I'd created the file on this software (I'd physically drawn the floor plan years ago) about a year and half ago and haven't been back to it since. When I'd posted in the other thread, here's what it had looked like:

Front

Back

Here's what I've done so far today.

Front

Back

Disclaimer: I unchecked "Add ceiling lights" when rendering these pictures as it was making an awful glare on some of the windows. This is the reason why it seems so dark inside.

Does it look like I should extend the 1-car garage so that the walls are even in the back? Or just move it back - keeping the same dimensions - so that it's recessed in the front and even in the back? I'm not sure if it looks right as is.
----------------------------------------

[Jul 1, 2016, 9:16:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: 4B2b2S.sh3d

I think I'll leave the garage just the way it is, for now anyway.

I have started on the interior and I think I'll work on it slowly at this time. I've gotten the living room decorated.

I think I'll need to go back, dim the one light and probably brighten the one in the ceiling fan, maybe add a lamp as well.

[Jul 2, 2016, 6:06:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've worked on the kitchen/dining area. Here are pictures.

The kitchen, taken from near one of the bookcases next to the fireplace.

The dining area, taken from the corner of the kitchen between the stove and refrigerator. I put a light above the curio cabinet (left) but I think I have it too bright and might need to change that. I don't know why the wood on the curio cabinet looks the way it does though. And the chairs around the table are supposed to be covered in a plain sage green fabric.

[Jul 3, 2016, 1:34:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

This isn't a full room so I was able to complete the hallway with minimal upgrading.

The fun part of this was getting the lighting just right.

[Jul 3, 2016, 5:31:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Strange, left light seems surrounded by dust ??? sad
or mosquitoes laughing
Is the rendering of the picture ?
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bdfd at Jul 3, 2016, 7:56:02 AM]
[Jul 3, 2016, 7:55:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I had tried having the light source with it at the same strength as the other two similar lights, and I had a huge glare without detail around that light. I ended up making it 45% (5% less bright than the other two) and I got this.

I believe it was a combination of the strength of the light source as well as the rendering.

[Jul 3, 2016, 8:25:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's a picture of the main floor bathroom.

On the right is the bathtub and on the left is the double sink vanity - each sink has its own separate mirror - taken from the door to the small hallway. I think I might take an additional picture of the room from the laundry room door (visible in this picture between the vanity and toilet).

I'm still working on the guest room layout, and hopefully should have a picture of that soon.

[Jul 3, 2016, 10:35:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

As mentioned in last post, here some new pictures

This one is of the main bathroom taken from the other side of the room (while standing at the toilet instead of the laundry room door as I couldn't get enough into the shot). I've also added some light fixtures to the room.

This is the guest bedroom with the picture taken in front of the wall between the door to the hallway and the closet. You can see most of what's in the room (all but the side table and lamp between the bed and closet). I was having a hard time with getting the lighting right - this was my fifth attempt.

Next, I'll be working on the laundry room. I've basically got it completed, just need to take a couple of pictures of it.

[Jul 6, 2016, 3:22:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,
Again dust on ceiling. sad
Try to change color of the ceiling, I think that white for example will be better. smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 3 times, last edit by bdfd at Jul 6, 2016, 4:50:16 AM]
[Jul 6, 2016, 4:48:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I think it might be the light fixture I used. It's the basically the same one I've used for a lot of different pictures here and those all seem to have the "dusting" to some degree. sad Maybe I should try a different one or something.

[Jul 6, 2016, 4:59:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved