Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28725 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Trebly

FRANCE
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Fatal error at starting : need to updated drivers opengl directX

Hi,

After difficulties to start the application (seems that there are interferences with current Java installation, which ones), everything is OK for starting but I get a failure on "need update of drivers 3D Opengl and DirectX".

The issue is traduced by the following error message :

"Sweet home 3D must leave because of a fatal error in system 3D. Please update drivers DirectX/OpenGL of your video card"

Then I launched an update from nvidia with :
368.39-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe (2016)
this while the last drivers proposed by Asus are :
VGA_nVidia_Win7_64_Z817129616 (2012)

But nothing changed : where can be got the updates of the drivers ?
for ASUS G73SW (16Go memory) with processor Core I7 2630qm and a graphic card NVidia GTX460M windows 7 pro regularly updated

Then I tried a second computer (used for test, much more slower and low memory to check web applications efficiency), it is a HP Pavillon DV7 4163sf (video AMD Radeon 5000 series) - 4Go win 10), same error with best updated driver.

I get the same result.

On a third ASUS 550C I have been successful.

I think that the solution is to have the details af the test which lead to the error : the drivers functions needed (which can be tested with the driver check for directX).
May some computers (many) cannot have the needed functions even with directx 11 ?

I would know where are the limitations or incompatibility.

Best regards

Trebly
[Jul 2, 2016, 4:17:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Fatal error at starting : need to updated drivers opengl directX

Could you try Sweet Home 3D 5.3 Beta 6?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 3, 2016, 3:14:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trebly

FRANCE

Hi,

It is the 5.3 Beta6 as previously proposed.

May be I could check the feature for "program : SWEETHOME3D" into NVIDIA configuration ?
For this I would need detailed options.
I have changed some ones without effect.

Best regards

Trebly
[Jul 3, 2016, 5:56:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
romu70

France

Same problem here on a XPS13 (Skylake processor), so not exotic GPU, pure Intel, on Fedora 23 and 24, 64 bit.
[Jul 4, 2016, 10:50:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
romu70

France

Some more elements. I also have a 2013 XPS13 which runs an Intel Ivy Bridge. This PC was also upgraded from F23 to F24 and SW3D runs perfectly.

So, the issue seems to be around GPU support obviously.
[Jul 7, 2016, 10:14:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trebly

FRANCE

Hi,
May be the solution should be that process which generates the error, would generate a precise error code to know exactly on which function call (call for check) the start process fails ?

best regards

Trebly
[Jul 7, 2016, 11:55:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mune72

Italy

Same problem here on a XPS13 (Skylake processor), so not exotic GPU, pure Intel, on Fedora 23 and 24, 64 bit.

I'm not sure if the same Ubuntu's problem affect Fedora, too, but in the last release the 3D standard is not enough and MAD/ATI is not going to provide a proprietary driver for linux.

So SH3D fails to start.
[Jul 12, 2016, 12:39:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
djinareb

Same as you :Fatal Error.... update drivers...
I still have not found any solution but to use the online version, which works for me but is not very satisfactory !
Everything started when I updated from version 3.0
So I disinstalled SH3D for now.... :-(

djinareb
[Jul 19, 2016, 9:03:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LauraHordas

Argentina

Same problem... Started when I changed from Windows 8 to Windows 10...
[Jul 25, 2016, 6:14:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
54metra.inc

Россия

Same problem. Previously, it worked, and installed a new version and iэму got errors with Directx and OpenGL. Online version also gives an error, but continues to work normally ...
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by puybaret at Feb 27, 2017, 9:05:18 AM]
[Feb 27, 2017, 5:44:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved