Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4592 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
ThePerm

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Licensing Question for a Video Game

I just downloaded Sweet Home because I was looking for easy to use software for designing a spooky game mansion. The reason I need to be designing homes is for a video game.

The question is how does the license apply to this? I plan on having a credit sequence in the game, that's for sure, but how does the license work here?
[Jul 3, 2016, 2:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Licensing Question for a Video Game

The GNU GPL lets you use Sweet Home 3D projects for any purpose without a limit for a particular domain. The limits are more about creating a derived version of Sweet Home 3D, not about what you can do with the documents you produced with Sweet Home 3D, as long as you use the 3D models and textures available in the default catalogs or on sweethome3d.com web site.
If you import some 3D models or textures not available on sweethome3d.com (like in Trimble Warehouse), you will have to pay attention to their license as explained in the license page. Of course, the 3D models / textures you designed yourself won't be a problem.

About credits, the minimum should be to give credit to Sweet Home 3D project as a whole, with a text of the form:
Project designed with Sweet Home 3D. Includes 3D models and textures distributed under a free license
with links when possible. See also this thread.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 3, 2016, 1:25:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ThePerm

United States

Thank You.

That answers all my questions.
[Jul 4, 2016, 9:18:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

This article in the blog can interest you also.
[Jul 5, 2016, 9:29:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Let us know when your game is finished!
[Jul 5, 2016, 9:31:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved