Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 40
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25217 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
TommoLeo

Brasil
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Tiny home... mostly

It's absolutely amazing, you arranged the furniture in a very funcional way, I loved the shelves and nightstands in the triangular roof. Quite Nice!
[Jul 17, 2016, 7:11:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Here is really tiny smile : thread 6956 / 3D view.

ok

[Jul 18, 2016, 11:50:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Cool, for holydays !!! smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 18, 2016, 1:12:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). crying

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.

[Jun 30, 2018, 1:16:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, ...
Hi Aeowyn,

Oh my god ! sad
The most important is the sh3d files not the pictures.

The same thing happened to me on my laptop in start of may.
The repairer was able to recover most of the data (99%).
Consult in one (if hard disk is OK) !

Since 3 years, I had two external hard drives for backups on my main PC.
The first for odd months and the second for even months.
Backups made every 1st of every month.

Not you ?

Good luck.

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jun 30, 2018, 6:17:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Adrienne, I feel so sorry for you sad
I hope you’ll find a way to recover some big parts of your data. Do you know if it’s a hard disk issue or something else?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 30, 2018, 10:05:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I backup my shd3 files in a cloud with a desktop app, e.g. dropbox or mega. So everytime I save my file, it is instantly synchronised to the cloud. I have not to care about the backup, it's all automatic.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jun 30, 2018, 11:35:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I wish that I'd thought of that before the crash... Oh well, I can't change that now ("no point crying over spilled milk" as the saying goes); what's lost is lost, and I'll just have to start again on some of them (this one included).

[Jul 1, 2018, 1:27:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I think all Your files are still on HD, unless the HD are physically toasted.
Boot with an linux live CD and (probably) You will find them.
If not You need other free methods.
Usually I've recovered files even after 3 formatted HD.
In most cases I've recover deleted files which don't want to be recovered from the owners.
Unfortunately I can't help You from distance because every recovery need some specific task.
Good luck!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jul 1, 2018, 1:26:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you all for the support and sugg. The thing is that I was using a refurbished Mac and the poor hard drive died. My roommate tried to see if he could get it to start but it didn’t even recognize that there was one.

I did have some of my shd3 files on MediaFire, some not as up to date as what I’d posted on them. There were a few that I hadn’t so I would likely have to use the pictures that I’d posted on this site to recreate them.

[Jul 2, 2018, 7:11:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved