Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2958 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
edmond_dantes

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problems with dimensions

Hi,

I am using sw3d to plan my new home and I really like it: I am doing quite a good job.

I only have a couple of problems with dimensions.

First, when I create a dimension (with magnetism on), magnetism doesn't work very well: I find it hard to stick to the exact position of the beginning of a wall. Is it possible to control, in some way, the "amount" of magnetism?

Second, if I create a dimension for a wall and then I resize the wall, the dimension doesn't resize with the wall, so I have to resize the dimension as well (or create a new one). Am I missing something?

Thank you
[Jul 6, 2016, 9:30:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland
Re: Problems with dimensions

SH3D user's guide says:
Move the mouse pointer on the border of a piece of furniture, the wall side or the room side you want to measure, double-click to accept the temporary dimension draw in the plan, then click a third time after choosing the size of its extension lines.

http://www.sweethome3d.com/userGuide.jsp#otherFeatures
[Jul 6, 2016, 7:51:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
edmond_dantes

@alaX

Yes, I am aware of this. What I am referring to is creating a dimension between a wall and, say, a door: in this case if I am on the wall the above method produces the dimension of the whole wall, not just the portion I am looking for.
[Jul 6, 2016, 9:40:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could try keyboard mode by pressing <enter> key and type exact values of the dimension line.

About your second point, dimension lines are not bound to the object they measure. So if the size of that object changes, the dimension line won't change.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 6, 2016, 10:26:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

A thin blue dashed line shows up when selected(active) end point of dimension line meets/crosses/reaches some object. Perhaps it should be more noticeable - sometimes I can barely see it (especially if it overlaps another line, border...). Is that not exact enough for you?

[Jul 6, 2016, 11:59:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
edmond_dantes

As you say, it is barely noticeable. Moreover, it is very sensitive: it is enough to move the mouse of just one pixel and you miss it.
Maybe I just need to practice using it.
[Jul 7, 2016, 8:00:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

It does take a little practice, and patience. smile
Zooming in as close as you can and still see both points helps too.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Jul 8, 2016, 1:31:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved