Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 47329 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Home inspired by my "Tiny home"

Alright, here's a long post with a lot of pictures. As mentioned in my thread about a Tiny home, I have been working on an enlarged version. Here it is, in all its "glory".

The front of the house, three different angles.

The back of the house, two different angles.

Ground floor, screenshot of the floor plan.

First floor, screenshot of the floor plan.

Top floor, screenshot of the floor plan. Yes I realize there's not much here; it is attic space.

Living room, taken from the front door.

Living room, taken from the dining room entrance.

Dining room.

Kitchen, with the pantry area at the very end.

Pantry area, taken from in front of the door to the Laundry/Utility room. I've got the dishwasher as well as a freezer here.

Laundry/Utility room, taken from the back door. The door that's visible is the door to the pantry area. There's a wardrobe there for cleaning supplies on the right (the blurry white block on the right), with some cabinetry and a work top next to it. On the left is the water heater and the HVAC system (well, that what is supposed to be the HVAC system).

The small "hallway". The entrance to the dining room is on the far left, the entrance to the stairway is next to that, the door to a closet is in the middle and the door to the half bathroom is on the right.

The half bathroom.

The stairway, taken at its base on the ground floor.

The stairway, taken at its entrance to the first floor.

The first floor hallway, taken from the stairway entrance, looking toward the master bedroom. The door to the right of the master bedroom door is to the office.

Walk down the hallway a little and there's a turn to the left. The door to the bathroom is on the left, behind the loft stairs to the attic is the door to the bedroom, and on the right are the doors to a linen closet and a regular closet.

Looking back down the hallway from the master bedroom door. You have a close up picture of the office door on the left; the bathroom door is visible on the right.

Master bedroom, taken from the door to the hallway. The bit of wall on the left is to the small walk in closet.

Master bedroom, taken from the one corner. The door on the left is to the small walk in closet, and the door on the right is to the master bathroom.

Master bathroom, taken from the corner by the door. Although it's not visible, there is a window.

The Office/Den. As usual, I've decorated it as a sewing room (most will notice that I put a sewing room into just about every home I've put together? biggrin)

Full bathroom.

Bedroom. I have a wardrobe and a bookcase instead of a closet and dresser. I figured there wasn't much room for a closet but the bookcase can be switched out for a tall dresser.
----------------------------------------

[Jul 15, 2016, 4:50:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: Home inspired by my "Tiny home"

Great ! smile

It's a house four youngers because there are too levels with stairs...
Oh my poor back laughing
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 15, 2016, 6:42:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I think so, too, as my knees very likely couldn't take it either. laughing

[Jul 15, 2016, 7:13:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

hmmmmm...not so tiny now... nice project... another brain-teaser resolved :)
[Jul 15, 2016, 7:30:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Good job.
Lot of objects for each room and a lot of calculation for our poor PC... smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 15, 2016, 12:37:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you. I'm sorry though about your poor PC. sad

[Jul 17, 2016, 3:48:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's another house I've been going through and updating, and unfortunately I can't take pictures of it right now as it has gotten to be so huge (103.4 MB!). I think that once I've gotten it all done, I'll have to save different sections to separate files and empty out the house on the main one.

I think what else makes this file so big is the fact that I've actually added a detached 1-car garage. I also added some landscaping, although I'm not quite done with that yet.

Here's a teaser of the updates.

[Jun 23, 2017, 7:07:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

I like this tiny home! There is a new one behind?
[Jun 23, 2017, 1:39:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you VeroniQ.

Yes, there is a new building behind the enlarged "tiny home"; it's the detached garage. Here's another screenshot of the outside at a different angle showing the front of the garage.

[Jun 23, 2017, 8:35:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

So, I've split the file into at least three just so that I can start taking rendered pictures. I have one file for the exterior - basically an empty house with built-ins and lights - and that's the one that I've been able to get pictures of so far. The other files have the furnishings, and I'm trying to get rendered pictures to showcase the changes.

Screenshot of the main floor.

Screenshot of the top floor.

I did not take a picture of the attic space as it didn't change.

Aerial front, from one corner. You can see that I even shortened the garage and have a small patio area.

Aerial back, from the patio side. Not much to it, just an umbrella, table set, and grill.

Aerial side, showing the front of the garage. I figure with the garage facing like this that this house is likely to be on a corner lot.

Virtual visitor view of the front, as seen from the sidewalk.

Virtual visitor view of the patio, looking toward the walkway between the house and garage.

Virtual visitor view of the front of the garage. When I first tried to get this picture, I realized that I hadn't put any lighting near the exterior doors (it was very dark). I took this after the aerial view of the garage, which is why that picture doesn't have the lighting.

Oh, I almost forgot the texture I used for the roofing.

[Jun 25, 2017, 8:03:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved