Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 47336 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Home inspired by my "Tiny home"

Good search Aeowyn ! applause

So many (hundreds) different vintage house plans.

1920-30s seeing in the net...

I've downloaded this catalog... a pdf equal to 738 Mo !!! tongue

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 3 times, last edit by bdfd at Jul 9, 2017, 6:49:01 AM]
[Jul 9, 2017, 6:22:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Great catalog Aeowyn! I love it, it is so vintage and charming! Thank you very much for sharing this find (and for your post on Facebook ;-)
[Jul 10, 2017, 8:29:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, bdfd and VeroniQ. I thought it an amazing thing to find.

I find that I'm tempted to go against my own word, and show (as well as tell) more on one of these houses... but not here... I've changed my mind and I'm going to start a separate thread on it...

The Enlarged Tiny Home is going to be on the back burner (again) for a while... laughing

[Jul 10, 2017, 10:01:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). crying

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.

[Jun 30, 2018, 1:16:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've gotten a new computer; not a "hand-me-down", not a refurbished one, but a brand new Mac. No power issues so far (my fingers are crossed) and the first thing I did was start the redraft of this house.

I've been working on it almost all day (I did have to stop to eat dinner, at least laughing), but here's the link to it in its current state; it's never a bad idea to save early and often to the net wink:

TinyHomeEnlargedRedraft.sh3d

I've got the basics of it, so far anyway. The walls are up, doors and windows are in place, the outside is almost as "dressed up" as it was before (ie. trees, hedges, different patio furnishings but no flowers, mainly because I haven't gone looking for them yet), and a few built-ins are too.

I've got some different textures for the walkways and the "street" but personally I think these are a bit better. smile

Some of the furniture that I'd gotten from 3D Warehouse wasn't available (I couldn't find the same stairs or the arch that I'd had over the entryway) so I got different items that work too. The one thing that I couldn't find on their website that I really wanted was the pergola that I have between the house and the garage; I had to actually copy and paste it from one of the houses that I had saved on MediaFire.

The walls aren't painted, the flooring doesn't have a texture, I haven't "named" the rooms, there isn't any roofing, no lights, etc. Some of the rooms are different sizes; I couldn't help that since I was going by pictures of the original 2D floor plan that didn't have the exact measurements listed, but I think I got pretty close.

I also made a few changes from the original, like the shaping of the patio, added a couple of gates and a fence, took out the closet on the main floor to put in an exterior door closer to the patio, etc.

[Jul 14, 2018, 4:45:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Congrats on your new Mac!

Your house is anything but tiny if you look at this house below:
https://dornob.com/tiny-triangular-japanese-h...wly-fits-its-little-plot/
[Jul 14, 2018, 5:08:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, rontant.

Yes, this house isn’t “tiny”, but it was inspired by another house that I had created (and would need to recreate also if I still want it to work on) that started out based on the “tiny homes” that seem to be all the rage recently. There is a thread that I’d done on it before starting this one. And that one certainly isn’t as tiny as the one you shared. Wow, is that tiny! Although, the interior pictures don’t appear to be as tiny as the exterior would belay.

[Jul 14, 2018, 8:45:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've "finished" this house, all furnished, with it coming in at a whopping 32.4 MB compressed. biggrin I have the time set at 10:12 am PST (yes, strange time to have it set at, but that's the time set on the clock that's in the program - although I don't have one in this house; I just like having a strange time).

Front, aerial view.

Front, from the sidewalk.

Garage side, aerial view.

Garage side, from the sidewalk.

Just like with my "Tudor Castle Rethink" that I posted a few days ago, I've cut back on the number of hedges and elongated the remaining ones to help save file space. I've got the roofing on, the walls stuccoed and the windows and doors painted/finished.

Just an FYI - when I took the Virtual Visitor pictures above I hadn't realized that I'd left the "Add ceiling lights" on, so there's more lighting seen from the outside than what's really inside in those pictures.

Living room; the first picture taken from the corner near the front door, the second near the dining room entrance. I don't know why the couch rendered so strangely.

Dining room. I don't know why the lighting is so low, even after turning up the hanging light's brightness. I even tried putting a light source outside, changing the time of day so that the sun comes in, but still dark, so I just left it as is.

Half bath near the stairway. Not much to see in here.

Kitchen and pantry. The cabinets are all in the same pale green as the walls, except for the fronts which are in a shiny black. I just realized that I haven't included a backsplash; I guess that I haven't quite "finished" this house after all. laughing

Laundry/Utilities room, taken from the side door. Built in storage closet near the washer/dryer, and a locker bench to the right of the side door.

Stairway; the first picture taken from the bottom looking up, and the second taken from the top looking down. Neither of the pictures have the hanging light visible; it's just like the one in the dining room just larger. Also, for some reason both pictures rendered strangely, with some sort of boxed in area; these are the only ones that I noticed this in.

Full bath upstairs. The toilet is just out of frame bottom right.

Small bedroom. Wardrobe with drawers next to the desk, bookshelf in front of twin bed.

Small office. Surprise, surprise; I have this room decorated as a sewing room.

Master bedroom.

Master bathroom. The cabinets are supposed to be a dark green, almost black, but they came out brighter than intended.

Garage. I realized when I went to render this picture that I'd forgotten to put lighting inside, so that's why the aerial exterior picture is so dark inside the garage.

Back patio. I realized when I went to render this picture that I'd forgotten to put in a light back here, after I'd taken all of the other outside pictures, which is why the lamp isn't visible in them.

The passageway between the back of the house and the garage, looking toward the back patio. I realized when I went to render this picture that I'd also forgotten to put lighting not only by the back door, but also in front of the garage.

If you want to look through this house, here's a link to the file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/k7e76d3c9t8rw44...raft%25282%2529.sh3d/file

Side note: If you're wondering why there's so much of the furniture and such are green, green is my favorite color. laughing

[Nov 2, 2018, 7:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Okay, I made a few small changes to this house, before taking on the Basement Apartment home. I did take pictures but didn't post them anywhere. Now I have.

Tiny Home Enlarged Redraft

And since I'm still having trouble posting pictures, here's the link to the file that contains the pictures I have of this house.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Tm9ogtZNNGgwAvPP9

[Aug 25, 2019, 3:34:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Mediafire has changed the way we are able to share images directly, more complicated, but, if when you choose the option to share, you also select "use old site" i think you will be ok.
Well done with these latest images, have you come to a final version of the "what if" home?
[Aug 25, 2019, 11:29:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved