Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 54559 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: cousin's house

So my friends ... I know you forget but here is the time to continue the next part of my older project- cousin's house. I finished the first room on the floor and it is the main bedroom with the very short garden panorama and terrace.

Here I started to experiment with SILK shininess shader on rendering which gives more shining alternatives but more rendering troubles at the same time. The same problem was that I missed GLOSSY style of floor due to silk setting. And here is the result. I create GLOSSY style floor effect thanx to glass-like filter. It is not genial but it is an alternative how to maintain this glossy effect for some objects. And I experimented with rendering settings. Here it is...
AAmin...2
AAmax...2
GI......default
DB......0 /I see most people here recommends 1 but when I started to use 0, shadows become more contrast of-course but it gives more plastic interior feeling to me... Sure it is only about personal preferences./
CAUSTCS..0 /at day scenes/
SHINES...silk
Focus Distance....250
Fous Radius.......1
FILTER...blackman-harris
SAMPLER ALGORYTHM...bucket
here are results pic1

pic2

size of pics is 1500x1000 pixels and rendering time was 3 hours /pic1/ and 5 hours /pic2/
oh...and here I have another problem. I experimented with GI-path. It was interesting but my comp started to compute only black pictures for this setting abruptly and I don't know why. I changed DB numbers,restarted my comp,tried everything...but still nothing....only black. Any ideas?
[Aug 24, 2016, 9:14:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
masterrazor

Antigua and Barbuda

Where did you get the curtains in the last pic?
[Aug 24, 2016, 6:11:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

Where did you get the curtains in the last pic?

I have not the direct link yet...but it was on this site
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/index.html
You have to downloaded collada file on each model if you want to use it in sweethome3d... Or I sometimes download sketchup files for re-edit some models. Not sure but I think I sent you personal message week ago...
Hope you enjoy
Martin
smile
[Aug 24, 2016, 6:42:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

oh...@masterrazor...if you mean that transparent curtains...I made it by myself...
[Aug 24, 2016, 7:48:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Beautiful pictures ! applause

Or I sometimes download sketchup files for re-edit some models.
What is the soft used for re-edit ?
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Aug 25, 2016, 5:48:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

What is the soft used for re-edit ?

Excuse me bdfd 're-edit' was very bad word choice of me. /that's my not perfect English/
I had to say correct. It's better.
For example. Grass model in 'for two persons gallery'....it was very tough manipulation for my comp when I imported whole model in collada file from warehouse. So I imported it into sketchup. Simplified it there /because model contains of 4 same parts... I deleted 3 of them/. Then exported into KMZ format and then imported into sh3d. Manipulation runs perfect.
Or I correct or change textures there if possible sometimes. Because it is able to apply glass texture for lot's of models for example. /and many more of-course/
Or if I downloaded models from CGtrader I had troubles with models in OBJ,KMZ,3DS formats. /lost textures. very simplified model or lost model parts etc./ The best choice for me is downloaded it into sketchup. It shows that every models are correct there. I can make some changes in sketchup and reexported it into collada or KMZ format in form I like....
Sure...there are IT experts here laughing on me when reads this article. But I don't know other way to make it better....
[Aug 25, 2016, 7:19:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

No problem, my english is good with help of 'Google translation'. smile

We do same thing but with different soft.
I use Unwrap3D or Anim8or and you sketchup, OK.
Like you sometimes it's not possible or perfect...
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Aug 25, 2016, 8:11:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

Perfect!!!!
I didn't know that. I'll try it maybe.
I am watching anim8or. And it looks fine.
Thank you.
[Aug 25, 2016, 9:00:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Beautiful rendering!

DB......0 /I see most people here recommends 1 but when I started to use 0, shadows become more contrast of-course but it gives more plastic interior feeling to me... Sure it is only about personal preferences./
CAUSTCS..0 /at day scenes/

I experimented with GI-path. It was interesting but my comp started to compute only black pictures for this setting abruptly and I don't know why.

About photo rendering properties, you can see pages 3-4 of the guide available in this thread .
EnkoNyito
[Aug 29, 2016, 2:34:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

Thank you enkonyito.
At first.. great pictures on your sites.. love struck
And about rendering properties..hmmm...My problem with GI-path is, that my settings are OK....but I still have black pictures only in this project. Still don't know why. Have the same settings in other projects and GI-path runs normal. sad
Problem is /maybe/ that I have very simple graphic cards in my comp laughing .... intel CORE i3 and NVIDIA GEFORCE 930M.....
It looks it's a kind of magic that I am able to produce any renderings laughing
[Aug 29, 2016, 5:14:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved