Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 84
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 76263 times and has 83 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Two-Story Double Jack-and-Jill Home

Thank you, MartinSK. I'm usually not much for the contemporary look, but this seems to work out pretty well.

One thing was bothering me though, in the Great room. I really felt a set of stairs in the front part of it would be needed, but couldn't figure out how. I made a great sacrifice, and took out the fireplace in order to do it. sad

I apologize that it isn't rendered but a rather a screenshot of the Great room.

So, I just copied the staircase in the back area, moved it forward, added walls, moved the closet from under the back stairs to under the new front stairs, and lastly adjusted the wooden railing on the top floor. Because of adding the stairs to the front area, the sofa layout wasn't working very well, so I switched the placement of the 3-seat sofa with the 2-seat sofa, and changed the angle somewhat of the 3-seat sofa. Also, as you can see, I added some more windows on the top floor. Other than that, there's no further changes. biggrin

I also thought of a way to put the sewing room back in... kind of... it's something I like to call a Hobby Shed... biggrin I think that would be for another thread.
----------------------------------------

[Aug 7, 2016, 6:35:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Alright, I think I have the house done as far as I can get it, although there is no roof - I don't know what to do for it at present. Following, a whole bunch of pictures.

I've taken screenshots of the ground floor rooms - I changed the ugly greenish yellow back to the blue I'd originally had the rooms.

The Great Room, from different angles.

The Study.

The Kitchen, from four different angles.

The Breakfast nook, from two different angles.

The Family room, two different angles.

The two ground floor bedrooms.

The Ground floor Bathroom.

And finally, the 2-Car Garage.

[Aug 8, 2016, 3:21:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've gotten the roofing on; just a very basic one.

I also had a bit of inspiration for a small change to the entrance as you can see. At first, I wanted to add the same high windows to the front of this house, just like the ones in my "Hobby Shed"/"Couple's Cabin", but that looked very odd on this house. So, instead I added the row of windows over the door. Then I thought about how I wanted to decorate the outside, looked at some Tudor style homes (all lovely but not much that is doable with this home) and found that some of them had this extension in the front. That's what I added. I extended the front enough to fit the front door, the two existing windows as well as adding in the single windows that are at other places on the house. I also realized that maybe I should add the windows around the front staircase like the way I have them around the back staircase. And, voila!

Although, does anybody think that there might be something... I don't know... "off" about the front windows?

I also put a couple characters at the front and back (as well as moved one of the cars out of the garage) for perspective. biggrin

Now I think I'm done with this house. wink

[Aug 13, 2016, 12:31:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

You Have produced some great work for the gallery m8, that includes this one,
good idea regarding the windows for the stairs, only thing missing is heating, i do not see 1 radiator. ????????
[Aug 13, 2016, 8:28:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. only thing missing is heating, i do not see 1 radiator. ????????
Floor heating, no doubt. Electric or water. smile ok
[Aug 13, 2016, 10:31:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Floor heating, no doubt. Electric or water. smile ok

Hi okh
Do not give him ideas, i wanted to see if he would rearrange all that furniture. biggrin
[Aug 13, 2016, 12:08:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Actually, I have on back of the house an HVAC unit, right next to the back door (left side of the picture below). I don't know if this is a good spot to place it or not.

I have no knowledge of vent placement so if any of these designs do come to fruition (you know, when I win the Lottery or something) I would hire someone who knows. Same with electricity and plumbing, etc. Heck, that utility door visible in the above picture is for a space for the water heater, and I don't know if that's even a good placement either. laughing

I've only placed the furniture decoratively, mostly as a way of showing what I had intended each room to represent, not exact placement for this very reason. biggrin

[Aug 13, 2016, 6:58:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

Hi Aeowyn...
I am a little bit sad because of the design of building crying ...
I know you are not a big fan of contemporary architecture. But I was happy cause I thought you try to create something very different as usual when I saw first pictures of this building here on sites...
But big respect to your ideas Aeowyn love struck
[Aug 14, 2016, 2:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've been working on the Atrium version of this house.

I realize that my designs aren't contemporary, but neither are they traditional. I could say "I'm sorry" for that, but then I'd be sorry for being me. biggrin

If anybody else wants to work on it, make any personal changes that you feel like, go ahead; you can download it from Media Fire.
7B4b2S DJnJ Atrium

If not, here are some of the pictures I've taken of what I've worked on.

The Great room. I don't know why the curio cabinet rendered like that.

The Study.

The Bathroom.

The 2-Car Garage. I've made it a bit wider than the other one.

Screenshot of the floor plan. The Family room, Kitchen and the two Bedrooms are basically the same as the other version.

[Aug 15, 2016, 4:58:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

To each his own style... smile

Just an idea for your actual project, I suggest you put a skylight or a patio in the white room on the floor plan.
After you can put windows in interior rooms (if it's good with next levels)... smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 2 times, last edit by bdfd at Aug 15, 2016, 6:05:18 AM]
[Aug 15, 2016, 6:03:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved