Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 84
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 76296 times and has 83 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Two-Story Double Jack-and-Jill Home

Thank you, bdfd; that was basically what I was thinking of doing for the top balcony but couldn't get the file to work for me very well due to its size. I was also wanting to have the middle section there all windows, making it almost into a closed-off balcony.

I'm just sad that the file is too big for me to continue working on it. crying I hadn't been able to finish off the owner's suite (the back part of the main floor closed off from the lobby area), let alone do much more than add the front and rear staircases.
----------------------------------------

[Feb 21, 2017, 9:19:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Thank you, bdfd; that was basically what I was thinking of doing for the top balcony but couldn't get the file to work for me very well due to its size...
One lonely thing to do, delete all furnitures inside.

In all my projects I make two files, One empty file lighter for external views and an another file, full with all furniture for internal views and if it's too heavy again, I do a file by level...

So try this. cool

Read this thread HERE and my answer... crying

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Feb 22, 2017, 5:40:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've taken your advice to heart, bdfd, and started a file for interior pictures leaving the master file unfurnished (mostly) for exterior pictures. I did leave in the lights, and kitchen and bathroom built-in items.

It has 15 bedrooms and 16 bathrooms - the extra bathroom is the public use one.

Disclaimer: I haven't changed the font size after labelling the rooms, so I apologize in advance for any squinting that's involved with trying to make out what's written.

Pictures (so far) of the Bed and Breakfast:

Front Aerial screenshot.

Back Aerial screenshot.

Master floor plan, main floor. The rooms all the way to the left are for the Owner(s) and/or staff's use.

Master floor plan, first floor.

Master floor plan, second floor.

Furnished floor plan, main floor.

I haven't gotten to the other floors, as I've been working on what you see. I think I should have more pictures taken shortly though.

[Feb 23, 2017, 6:43:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Upon consideration, I think I probably ought to have put windows in the back staircases?

Oh, and I forgot to mention... it looks like I'm probably going to make separate files for the other two floors... that's going to be something... laughing

[Feb 23, 2017, 6:45:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I've taken your advice to heart, bdfd, and started a file for interior pictures leaving the master file unfurnished (mostly) for exterior pictures.
Good idea. smile

it looks like I'm probably going to make separate files for the other two floors... that's going to be something... laughing
Great ! applause

Tell us, is it a house or a hotel ?
Whatever the answer, it's a nice place to live.

smile
---
[Feb 23, 2017, 7:57:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I thought to convert the "dream" house into a Bed and Breakfast as I thought the design suited to it, but upon reading the description of a Bed and Breakfast, I think it's more of a small inn now.

[Feb 23, 2017, 8:41:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

'Bed & Breakfast' : You had said it !
I must clean my pair of glasses... laughing
---
[Feb 23, 2017, 9:26:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Whether its a B&B an Inn or hotel, huge file and an equally huge project, you certainly are making a good job of it, fair play to you. smile
[Feb 24, 2017, 5:14:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, Miker777. I have been working quite a bit on the Bed & Breakfast version of this project. I now have four files for it: one master file with all levels and no furniture (except for what might be built in like in the bathrooms and kitchen as well as lighting and staircases), and one for each floor separately furnished.

I just got through getting the rendered pictures of the furnished main floor.

The main room - lobby, check-in area and dining room - taken from near the short hallway to the public restroom. The white doors visible are to two of the three staircases. The blue double doors in the back are to the third staircase and to something like a swimming pool, lounge area, more tables, maybe a bar.

I realize that there is no elevator for customers to take up their own luggage, so I think there's very likely to be valet to help with that. And since anybody would only have to, at most, walk up two flights of stairs an elevator would seem to me to be too much. biggrin

Another view of the main room, taken from the back staircase. Near the entrance (it's kind of hard to see) and on the other side of the check-in area is the short hallway to the public restroom. I have both salt and pepper shakers on each table, as well as glass containers full of maple syrup (since it is a Bed and BREAKFAST laughing lots of pancakes are very likely to be served). I think the corner curio cabinet might be filled with stuff from the area on display, kind of touristy in interest (I'm half asleep so I hope that makes sense).

I'm thinking of possibly having the place also be a restaurant for lunch and dinner, reserving the dining area for hotel guests for breakfast.

The check-in area with the lobby behind the virtual visitor. I just realized that there isn't a bell for customers to ring... The door on the left is to the short hallway out to the lobby and the public restroom. The three filing cabinets on the right are for record-keeping, and the tall cabinet on the left is for supply storage.

Public restroom, taken from the door to the hallway just off the lobby... and I just realized I made it neither male nor female but with multiple stalls (which are visible in this picture)... hopefully nobody complains, or I really need to get back in and somehow split it into two...

Public restroom, taken from the corner near the back stall.

The atrium, taken from the door to the main room. I also just realized that I could have put the same condiments from inside on these tables...

Another view of the atrium, taken from the swinging kitchen doors. One thing I really like about this area is that it looks like it's outdoors but isn't exposed to the elements.

The kitchen, taken from the swinging doors to the main room. Double set of wall ovens, two large stoves, extra wide service counter, and hopefully plenty of counter space for preparation work.

Another view of the kitchen, taken from near the wall ovens. Here you can see the two sinks, two dishwashers, two really wide refrigerators, additional large pantries and a smaller preparation space.

Living room/staff's break room (however you wish to call it), taken from the side entrance... and now that I'm really thinking about it, I probably need to completely change both the side entrance door and the door to the kitchen in order to accommodate a service entrance for bringing in the food... and I also just realized that there is no laundry facility in this design; I think it probably should either be in a separate building nearby, or it gets sent to a nearby cleaners...

Another view of the break room, taken from between the couch and chair... and maybe I ought to use a smaller entertainment center...

Private bedroom for the person (or persons) living on the property to keep an eye on the place... maybe as manager/maintenance/cook. This picture is taken from the door to the back hallway.

Another picture of the private bedroom, taken from in front of the closet.

Private bathroom, also used by the staff, taken from the door to the back hallway.

Another view of the private bathroom, taken from the corner next to the toilet.

[Mar 2, 2017, 10:18:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Aeowyn
Couple of suggestions, staying in small hotels 3 or 4 nights a week as i do, like now.
Linen would certainly be sent out, imagine the the amount from 14 or 15 rooms every day, sheets, pillow cases and uniforms (mainly from kitchen staff) would go elsewhere for cleaning.
Some sort of divider between the restaurant tables and the comfortable seating area, not necessarily a wall maybe some trellace and indoor plants or some screens.
If the downstairs bathroom is for staff, does it need the bath, the space might be better used if there were a small changing area for them with sinks and a toilet.
You mentioned no lift, bit of a struggle for the elderly or young, for the luggage maybe a dumb waiter just infront of the reception desk, rooms 106 and 206 would lose maybe 3x3 of space but they could be for single occupancy, and a lift would not look out of place alongside the porch on the outside of the building, its doors would only affect the storage cupboards on the upper floors.
As for the atrium area, beautiful, applause, i would certainly rather be there than in the restaurant i will be using in an hour. sad
Great job.

Mike
[Mar 2, 2017, 7:12:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved