Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4084 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
saadjumani

Pakistan
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Compiling SH3D with my own 3D Models

Hello everyone,

I am trying to give my clients a a modified version of SH3D, with 3D models of THEIR products (furniture) instead of SH3D default library.

Since most people don't prefer to get into "technicalities" I would like it if they don't have to import a library manually every single time they install it on a new device. So is there a way to either compile SH3D with a different library set or at least a way to ship the compiled SH3D (JAR File produced after the I build it from XML in eclipse) in a way that it is ready to run out of the box. Also how do I remove the existing 3D models?

Thanks in advance.
[Aug 3, 2016, 7:29:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Re: Compiling SH3D with my own 3D Models

I'm not a programmer but for something similar needs I modify the program itself. Under linux!
Go to SweetHome3D-5.2/lib/ and You will find Furniture.jar archive which have the basic furniture. Modify this or replace with Your own.
Another way is to make a install script to put all the pieces in the right place respectively the custom furniture, plugins, texture etc in the path: .eteks/sweethome3d/
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 30, 2016, 12:50:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
saadjumani

Pakistan
Re: Compiling SH3D with my own 3D Models

Thanks for your input, I figured this out the day after I posted my question, but it was too late to then remove it from the threads (Tried to delete it cuz I also realised later the question was kinda useless as it has already been answered before :p )

Thanks anyways.
[Sep 3, 2016, 8:12:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved