Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3746 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
saadjumani

Pakistan
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Importing light sources properly

Hi everyone, im working for a client who needs nothing of the default SH3D furniture library except for the lights. I want to know how can I properly import lights because when I try to import the light obj files from sh3D website and then import them into sh3D it doesn't work at all. And if I use the default furniture.jar library then there are so many useless 3D models and my client's models get lost in them.

This is kinda urgent so any help would be really appreciated.
[Aug 11, 2016, 7:32:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Importing light sources properly

The .obj format does not include light source information. But .obj files can be combined with the included lightsources to create lights.

If you want a model in the catalogue to have one or more light sources, (and show up with a light power setting in model properties), you need to add advanced properties in a catalogue advanced properties - starting with creating a library with the Furniture Library Editor, see other downloads.

The detailed approach to adding light-source properties to models can be found in several threads. There is also a very brief description of light source properties with an example in the SVG mini-guide.

ok
[Aug 11, 2016, 8:02:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved