Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 27
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16397 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Is it rendered at AM or PM? (Why I'm struggling with the time of day.)

Yes, for a number of reasons I'm using English as my preferred language. One is that I was totally unable to understand the inventive Norwegian translations, where the most unimaginable gibberish were substituting the perfectly understandable English menus. English will always be my preferred computer-language.
Unfortunately, the default English on a Mac is the US-English, with a very annoying tendency to auto-correct my proper English spelling.

Under Mac OS X, this can be done by editing the Info.plist file found in Sweet Home 3D.app/Contents...

There's in fact an easier way:
Open Language and text preferences and select "Edit list". There you will find British English. Drag it to the top, and voila! SH3D now has a 24hr clock... and I should be allowed to write ageing and criticise and colour without getting red lines... hm... no, I'm not! Bollucks!

But I got the 24hr clock. smile

cec

cec
[Aug 25, 2016, 8:17:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Anyway, as said in Wikipedia's article 12-Hour Clock, Ceciliabr was right expecting midnight to be 12:00 AM and noon to be 12:00 PM. I think it should be fixed if possible, that means in case it's SH3D the responsible to show it that way and not the system or Java itself.

Regards.
----------------------------------------
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Aug 26, 2016, 12:02:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

But it's already the way it's displayed in Sweet Home 3D!
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 26, 2016, 12:42:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Puybaret

Yes. Everything works as it should.

@hal9000

As I explained in an earlier post, it was my own mistake. I had forgotten to adjust the coordinates, so the sun was i China, whilst I was in the Norwegian mountains, enjoying my vacation.

The thread was meant to shed some light on the possibilities for making mistakes like that. You know, confessions at the bar... smile

cec
[Aug 26, 2016, 2:35:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Oh, OK. I missed that part, sorry.

Everything right then. :-p
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Aug 26, 2016, 9:21:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

I dopn't think you're allowed to type "bollocks!" on any Apple device... wink
[Aug 28, 2016, 2:29:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

"Bollucks", to be on the safe side.

We can leave it to the "spelling experts" to decide what's right:

laughing

cec
[Sep 3, 2016, 12:13:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved