Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 51
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 84817 times and has 50 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3-Bedroom 2-bath 2-Story House

Once again, I've made a couple of changes. This time just a couple of small ones.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zqqhn290hgndizd/3B2b2S_Alt_2.sh3d/file

The windows in the front were bothering me being two different sizes, and I wasn't all that happy with the half round ones, so I found a window: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ec5c30...8b5d709677/window-3-angle

I used that along with the fixed window in the basic library. I couldn't actually get both sides the same width because that front section isn't centered. Hopefully the difference isn't too noticeable.

I also added the triangle gable vent in the attic in place of the half round window. Finally, I switched the placement of the window and the towel rack in the en suite bathroom.

And now that I look at these pictures... I think I might change the front door... seeing as there are no longer any half round windows... biggrin
----------------------------------------

[Mar 30, 2019, 1:11:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I would have taken a picture of the front, but my roommate let me know that in order to have a two-story house on a lot like ours, we need to have more room on the sides than what I designated (at least on the side that I had the dividing wall only a foot or so away). So, the last month or so I've been working on an alternate floor plan of this house that would fit on our lot; it's very similar, but there are some differences.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lgzz4k5cz64gs1d...et_East_-_Alt_3.sh3d/file

As you can see it's the same layout, has the same general footprint, just slightly smaller and the front is more symmetrical (as can be seen by the large set of windows).

As you can see, because of the changes I had to change some of the furnishings, but in some of the rooms not so much.

[May 6, 2019, 3:28:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

@aeowyn: as usual, nice pictures !

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 24, 2019, 9:13:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, bdfd. I try to get good pictures for this forum.

And, you know me, I can never be... complacent?... satisfied?... with what I've posted, even if they look like they're finished... and that's where I am now...

Also, looking back at these pictures, I realized that the ceiling fan in the Living Room isn't even attached to the ceiling! Oops! So, back in I went to fix that... and I couldn't help but make a few minor changes in other areas as well. Some rooms didn't change, and some rooms with more changes than others. I'm going to post all of the pictures I have of this version - some old, some new.

Level 0

Level 1

Level 2

Aerial Front - added a mailbox, and took out the back pillars to the entryway as they didn't look right to me. I think that's all that I've changed here.

Aerial South facing side of the house - Level 1 windows have frosted glass, took out the single window in the Sewing Room between the back stairs and my bedroom door, and added three windows (with frosted glass) into the back stairs area. Also, showing the couple of changes to the front from a different angle.

Virtual Visitor Front - just showing the couple of changes to the front from another angle.

Virtual Visitor Entryway - just showing the couple of changes to the front from yet another angle.

Back, three different angles - added hanging lights, and moved the table set more centered under one the lights. Also visible in the third picture, on the North facing side of the house, you can see that in the front bedroom I've changed it from having three windows into two, and added two windows to the Master Bedroom.

I just realized that I had forgotten to mention the small structure in the backyard; it's a tool shed. smile

Just inside the front door, looking toward the Kitchen. I've changed the island in the kitchen; you'll see it better in later pictures. You can also see the change in the shadow cast on the ceiling by the ceiling fan in the Living Room.

Just inside the front door, looking toward the Living Room. Here's a better view of the ceiling fan; I kept its same dimensions but raised it 6 inches. The new Kitchen island is also somewhat visible here.

Living Room, from sitting in the middle of the corner couch - another view of the change to the ceiling fan. The new Kitchen island is also somewhat visible here too.

Living Room, from the side door, looking toward the front door - another view of the change to the ceiling fan.

Dining Room/Kitchen, three different views - changed the island, as mentioned before, because I didn't like both how high serving side of the counter was in order for the preparation side to be the same height as the rest of the kitchen counter areas, and I didn't like how tiny the chairs were. I had at first got rid of the chairs and tried to use taller ones, but that just looked awkward, then I found this island at 3D Warehouse as well as a chair that matched the ones with the table set. Problem solved. It's hard to tell but the countertop on the new island is the same material as the rest of the kitchen countertop; maybe I should put under cabinet lighting?

Now, if there are guests over, there will be seating for them. biggrin I also added a bit of colored tiling inside the china cabinet that's near the back stairs doorway for a bit of "pop".

First Bedroom - no change.

First Bathroom - no change inside, but the patio roof in the backyard is visible in the window.

Laundry/Utility Room - I realized that the countertop over the washer and dryer didn't render well before, so I made sure it did this time, by overlaying it with another countertop with a small backsplash. Other than that, no changes.

Main stairwell from Level 0. No changes.

Main stairwell from Level 1. Another "oops" that I noticed looking back at my previous posting was the wall quite visibly wasn't even as there was a line between Level 1 and Level 2. I fixed that, and that's the only change.

Second Bathroom. No changes.

Second Bedroom. The windows that are visible are where the only change to this room is; two windows instead of three.

Master Bedroom, two different angles - added two windows on the north facing wall, which dictated a change for the bed set unfortunately as I liked the one I had there, but the headboard was too tall. Also, I widened the bookcase a little as well as the dresser.

Master Bedroom Walk-In Closet - no changes, but I hadn't rendered a picture before.

Back Stairs - another space that I hadn't rendered before, but with the changes I figured I might as well. As mentioned before I added the three windows in here (with frosted glass) and I also moved (as well as changed the dimension of) the hanging light in here so that was more centered. It looks like the wall changes color there on the left in the Sewing Room, but that's the bleached wood of the storage cabinet in the room.

Sewing Room, two different angles. I added a full-length mirror to the wall near the bedroom door, a spot beam over it to highlight the person trying on whatever outfit made, and a person in front of the mirror. And, as mentioned above, the window on the South facing wall between the back stairs and my bedroom door was removed.

My bedroom - no change.

My bathroom - added another light over the vanity.

[May 26, 2019, 9:13:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Aeowyn
Have to say i envy you your attention to detail and patience when furnishing your projects, they do appear to be homes as apposed to houses. Great work.
[May 26, 2019, 10:32:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deanpegal01

You did a great job, I appreciate it!
Tucson Block Fence

[Jun 2, 2019, 4:41:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

This is a bit later than I wanted share this, but I did decorate my latest version of this house for Christmas morning. Actually, I shared a separate file of this house and then decorated the living room for Christmas.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

[Dec 25, 2019, 11:05:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Happy to read you Aeowyn ! wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Dec 26, 2019, 7:05:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

So, the other day I wanted to look at this house (while on my iPhone that is) and realized that I hadn't posted any updated pictures since that website closed down except for the Christmas one. So, I decided to take free pictures to post.

I did make a few tiny minor changes, mainly just the outside stucco color as well as the color on all the exterior doors. I think that I also added the curb out on the street (which I don't see in the pictures). I did change the rose color on a couple of bushes, making them blue instead of the red. A slightly bigger change that I made was in the garage; I added more racks for the bicycles that are sitting on the ground. Oh, and I added the fireplace looks and lighting (on both floors) that I'd added for the Christmas picture. I think that those were all the changes made, at least that I can think of.

I moved one of the ceiling lights so that there's light shining into the standing shower.

I added a floor length mirror to the Master Bedroom's Walk In Closet.

I made the woman invisible to take this picture.

I made the dress form invisible to take this picture. Also, I changed the measurements of the sewing machine to match my real life sewing machine.

I moved the television.

The sink vanity actually rendered properly! I'm happy about that.

Level 0

Level 1

Level 2

[Mar 5, 2020, 10:36:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I feel I ought to discuss the main stairs.

If I were able to I would have the railing on the stairs - from top to bottom - designed just like the railing on the top floor landing instead of just the basic wood spindles. So, when looking at the pictures with those stairs to imagine them with the horizontal metal look up top.

[Mar 6, 2020, 12:58:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved