Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 73313 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Single Story Bungalow

As bdfd pointed out, it seems that almost all of the houses I've created have had more than a single story - only one in fact was single-story. Well, that's changed with this house. biggrin

Last week, while my neighborhood seemed to be having internet issues, I was just "playing around" with this software and came up with the following:

----------------------------------------

[Sep 1, 2016, 5:35:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Single Story Bungalow

It's been a few months since I worked on this one.

I found something on 3D Warehouse that I could use for covering the patio, and while in the program I made a few adjustments.

Front aerial view. Added a walkway to the street, and one from the garage to the back. Added another door to garage, mainly to take out the garbage without going through the main part of the house. Small changes to the row of windows over the front door; brought them down 1/2 inch and widened them 3 inches.

Back aerial view. Of course added the patio roofing, and then added the lighting in the area. Found a different dog house at 3D Warehouse and changed it for the one I'd had before. Added a matching screen door from the front to the back door.

Screenshot of the overall floor plan.

Virtual visitor view from the corner looking out on the patio.

Garage, with the new door visible. I also painted the two storage cabinets.

Laundry room. I added a bit of upper cabinetry.

Great room. You can see the changes to the upper windows. I also added wall lights to the window nook area, enlarged the lamps on the tables, and changed the crystal color on the chandelier from yellow to gray.

[Nov 20, 2016, 2:16:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Few tweaks and the patio roof have made a big improvement nicely done. smile
[Nov 20, 2016, 10:08:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Great, I love the patio. applause
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Nov 20, 2016, 11:19:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

After revisiting the Tudor Castle recently, I felt like revisiting this one as well. As opposed to making changes to the whole house, this time it's only to the outside. smile

Front aerial. A friend of mine looked at the front and thought the two trees in the front looked odd, so I changed that area to a front sitting porch instead, using the same beams for the back porch for this part too, following the roof line. And the blue rectangles on the roof are solar panels; I might think of adding more maybe.

The graphic I used for the solar panels. I did find a solar panel "furniture" on 3D Warehouse that sits on the roof, but I didn't like the graphic that was used.

I also figured I probably should add a bit of fencing to mark off the back area.

Back aerial. In adding the fencing in the front, I also added a second walkway going around the other side of the house, hooking up with the back door.

Floor plan (with the roofing left visible), mainly to show the new front porch and walkway. You might also notice the car parked in the driveway is really dark. I noticed that when I went to render the front aerial view that the car was coming up a very pale ugly green; getting it this dark got it to render in the nicer green.

[Apr 30, 2017, 1:46:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Aeowyn
Back and busy again, good to see you here.
Its suprising how we can all find just a few things to change when we probably all thought the original was good.
Nice work on the updates and the images are getting better every showing.
Well done smile
Mike
[Apr 30, 2017, 10:39:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, Miker777. With any work of art, there's never a point where the artist is completely satisfied with the outcome, even after it's been put out for public display. And with anything we do, the more one works on something the more one improves. smile

[Apr 30, 2017, 7:24:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I Like the solar panels on the roof, like my recent houses. cool
Solar light is free near 'Apple valley'. wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 1, 2017, 5:50:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, bdfd. I apologize for how long it's taken me to thank you as I have been trying to update the interior some on this project as well as another one (as mentioned in my Help posting). Since I've been updating this one, the file seems to have gotten a bit large. I've been trying to get new rendered pictures, but it seems to be taking a long time to do so. I think I'm probably going to have to utilize a blank file, and copy the rooms as I take each picture. sad As soon as I've gotten a good number of them done I'll post them

[May 5, 2017, 9:44:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here are some of the renderings I've gotten so far.

The Great Room, taken from just inside the front door. Here you can see down the first part of the hallway. I've changed up some of the textures on the furniture. You'll also notice the open area in the back corner, to the left of the entertainment center; that's where a Christmas tree can go, although I'm thinking I might want to think of putting something there maybe to take away just how bare it looks there... and with most the roof as high as it is, it's possible to have a Christmas tree there that's over 8 feet high! smile I've also moved the chairs and couches over so that they're more centered in the room, and I added the grouped framed pictures above the entertainment center.

The Great Room, taken from the back corner, where a Christmas tree would go. Here you get a better view of the textural changes to the furniture, and you can better see that the upper windows were changed as well (I forgot to mention it with the exterior views) - I'd raised narrowed them a little. The window seat and the shelving around it didn't render well at all; they were supposed to be all white. And you get a glimpse of some of the changes to both the Dining Room and the Kitchen.

The Dining Room, taken from just in from the Great Room in the corner. As you can see I did change out the cabinet; that's the most significant change here. Other changes made were the textures on the plates and rug, and instead of Stargazer lilies they're yellow. Oh, and I added a couple of framed pictures (one is visible, the other is behind the virtual visitor). You also get a closer look into the kitchen with the change in its color scheme - blue instead of green.

Here's a screenshot of the Great Room, Dining Room and Kitchen's floor plan. As you can see by the positioning of the virtual visitor here, my next rendering should be of the kitchen from near the Laundry Room door.

[May 8, 2017, 8:04:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved