Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 73310 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Single Story Bungalow

I realize it's hard to see in my previous pictures, but here are the new textures I used.

Blue velvet upholstery fabric which I used on the sofa and love seat.

Blue striped upholstery fabric which I used on the one armchair, the dining room chairs and the two chairs in the kitchen.

Yellow floral upholstery fabric which I used on the other armchair and some of the the pillows.

Blue plaid which I used on the plates.
----------------------------------------

[May 8, 2017, 8:15:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've been in the process of rendering a picture of the kitchen. The hold-up? I've made some changes... again... laughing Also, it's taking a good amount of time for the program to actually render it; hopefully I'll have a picture to present soon.

[May 15, 2017, 12:47:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I'm almost finish rendering the changes to the kitchen and I should have that posted shortly.

In the meantime, as a sort of "teaser", here's the floor plan view:

Not many changes in the way of the cabinetry, mostly color and texture, but it's quite different that before. smile

[May 16, 2017, 6:07:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Finally, after about 5 hours, I have the kitchen rendered.

As you can see, the walls aren't blue but the same pale yellow as the great room and dining room. In the preparation area, there are several changes made. First, I realized that I really didn't have much room near the double ovens, for setting down hot dishes, so I at first switched the drawers cabinet with the wider lower cabinet, which meant moving the upper cabinets around and the sink - as well as the window - in order to make it work. No problem. So, at that point I had two drawers cabinets to the left of the sink.

Then I realized that I hadn't put in a dishwasher. At first I had placed it between the sink and the double ovens, but I didn't like losing the storage near the ovens (for storing baking dishes mostly) so I ended up taking the lower cabinet out from next to the refrigerator and put the drawers cabinets in its place so that I could put the dishwasher to the left of the sink.

After that, I realized that I didn't like the way the cook top and hood looked; changed those both. I also realized that I didn't like the refrigerator that I'd had in place and changed that.

Upon looking at the area above the sink I thought it looked a bit... empty... so I added the arch as well as used a "box" to create the moulding at the top of it. I also thought the wall near the entrance to the dining room was bare and added the 3-picture frame - with pictures of food laughing.

On the other side of the room, I kept the bookshelf and the breakfast nook in the same places, but painted the wood to an off-white.

The extra storage however I didn't like, felt that it didn't fit with the room. I changed out the lower cabinets for a desk (painted off-white) with a matching countertop to the rest of the kitchen - it's also the same height as the kitchen cabinet - replaced one of the upper cabinets with a hutch, added a corner shelf (which I then mirrored near the breakfast nook as seen at the far left of the picture) and added a bar chair similar to the chairs with the breakfast nook.

Finally, I moved the hanging lights and added additional ceiling lights as well as lighting under the upper cabinets. I also added a wall calendar near the desk but it's not visible in either the rendered photo (the bookcase is in the way) or the floor plan previously shown.

I'll be working on a different angle of the kitchen as soon as I can get it rendered.

[May 16, 2017, 7:00:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's the rendered picture of the kitchen from a different angle.

And as I look at it, it looks like getting into those drawers near the dishwasher would be next to impossible... I'm probably going to have to take both out completely and put the lower cabinet back in place... And maybe change out those upper glass cabinets to the left of the refrigerator for the ones without glass...

I think any changes that I might make, I'll do that later.

[May 17, 2017, 9:56:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

Nice kitchen with cuty colors. love struck

Just a remark :
I would not like to have in my back something that cooked while I was eating.
It would be dangerous right ?

It will be just a 'little' update for the cabinets...

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 17, 2017, 10:09:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Now that you mention it, that is an issue that has been tickling at the back of my mind and I see that it is something I should take care of before moving on. I have a few things I'm thinking on doing to remedy this issue and, once I've done it. I should post another updated picture (or two). Thank you for voicing something that's needed. smile

[May 17, 2017, 6:14:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Alright, updated renderings...

And here's a screenshot of the floor plan, with a bit of a sneak peak of the master bathroom which I started on.

[May 17, 2017, 11:22:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I had a thought about the table set in the dining room... I thought that it needed more seating than the breakfast nook would fit and be a bit more formal.

I took out the 6-seat table set I'd put in - as well as the plate sets and lilies - and replaced it with an 8-seat table set that included its own plate settings and centerpiece. If I could have kept the lilies I would have been happy, but this works as well. biggrin

[May 18, 2017, 9:38:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

For fun, I decorated the Great Room for Christmas. biggrin

[May 19, 2017, 4:23:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved