Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4857 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
saadjumani

Pakistan
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Changing the data directory of Sweet Home 3D

Hello everyone,

I want to now where to edit the information about Data directory of sweet home 3D. For example in the portable version we can use the data\furniture directory to import all 3D models.

I want to change that to Z:\OrganizationName\SweetHome3D\Furniture

How can that be done? there has to be some sort of directory path saved somewhere that I could edit.

Would REALLY appreciate help with this.
[Sep 4, 2016, 1:26:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Changing the data directory of Sweet Home 3D

As explained in SweetHome3D javadoc and other places, you should set the value of com.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationFolders and probably com.eteks.sweethome3d.preferencesFolder with the folder of your choice.
In your case, you should add in the folder where .exe are found SweetHome3D-windows-x64.l4j.ini and SweetHome3D-windows-x86.l4j.ini files containing something like:

-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationFolders="Z:\OrganizationName\SweetHome3D"
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.preferencesFolder="Z:\OrganizationName\SweetHome3D"

Under other systems, you should edit the files SweetHome3D-linux-x64, SweetHome3D-linux-x86 and SweetHome3D-macosx.app/Contents/Info.plist to change the values set on these properties.

By the way, maybe it would be time to explain what you want to do with Sweet Home 3D. You got some help from the community and a minimum of feedback from you would be appreciated!
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 5, 2016, 8:50:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
saadjumani

Pakistan
Re: Changing the data directory of Sweet Home 3D

For now, I am working with a client that sells furniture and home decoration items and they wanted a software on which they could actually visualise the plans of their potential customers.

So after trying to develop a custom app on Unity platform which was decent but not quite right, we decided to settle for Sweet Home 3D with some modifications such as having a folder on Z(server) drive from where all models could be imported easily, changing a some terminologies with the ones that our company uses, and of course a custom library of 3D models of things they actually want to sell.

But thats only how I came to know about SH3D. I personally like the software a lot and would want to work on it even after this project is done. Among other things I was thinking of doing a plugin/standalone software that could export stand alone virtual tours in exe format, maybe followed by a VR exporter and/or android viewer. Maybe if I get as well versed in Java as I am i C++ I might mess around a bit with the 3D viewer as well :p

So I guess that clears things up a bit, and I am grateful for all the help I have received from forums and hopefully I will payback this community with all the above mentioned stuff that I planned.
[Sep 5, 2016, 11:18:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved