Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5872 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Gryphbear

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bar Counter Object?

I've managed to make a bar counter for a Bar I'm designing for a story - (out of a wall), but I want to do further customization to it but apparently I cannot 'stack' walls at all.

I wanted to do a box wall, then a flat 'counter' board on top of that.

I dunno if there is anything I can do to further customize that wall. Any Wall object HAS to start from the bottom, apparently.

Help? Or do I just export the Wall to Blender, and try to make a counter OBJ file?
[Sep 16, 2016, 12:54:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Bar Counter Object?

As you say, walls cannot be 'stacked'. But other objects can, such as a box. Not knowing exactly what you want to do, you could export wall elements as .obj files, and re-import them, then you would have the 'walls' as stackable objects.

Or you could use the Shape Generator plug-in or other software (such as Blender, AoI etc).

It is, btw, possible to make various cut-outs in a wall to, see the blog post
How to create a hole at the bottom of a wall
[Sep 16, 2016, 7:46:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gryphbear

USA

Right. Thanks for the tips :) I'll figure something out.
[Sep 16, 2016, 4:15:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gryphbear

USA

Actually, I'm fine with the way I have the 'wall' set up as a bar. The Plan of the bar isn't really needing to be ultra detailed - just enough so I know where things are, more or less.
[Sep 16, 2016, 8:48:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved