Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 39
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 56071 times and has 38 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
2-Story Home with Basement Apartment

Here's a new house I've come up with. A little more traditional than some of my other ones. I was thinking of a house that would be built on a hillside that slopes down, although I don't know how to show that (I'm betting you all will notice the floating porch step). It even has a basement apartment. I haven't added a roof yet though so it's almost done. wink Also, I'm thinking that maybe I don't have enough windows?

I didn't include a garage as what I was thinking is that it's a separate building behind the house, just a simple garage with 3 stalls, although the back of it maybe (because of the slant of the hill it's on I could add a small storage area? I don't know. biggrin

The following pictures are what I have so far, of the basement apartment.

I'm working on more rendered pictures and should be posting them soon.
----------------------------------------

[Sep 25, 2016, 3:19:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Re: 2-Story Home with Basement Apartment

Hi Aeowyn
Good to see you back, hope your well.couple of things, your master bedroom has a bath in it and i dread to think what you study in the bedroom on the ground floor smile .
If you can share outside images we can try to help with the slope, most of mine are on slopes or multi levels, try looking back over them.

Mike
[Sep 25, 2016, 10:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Oh! Thank you for pointing that out about the master bedroom/bathroom! Long story... When I had first started developing the layout I was going to put those rooms the way you see it and had it marked accordingly, then changed my mind and switched the rooms, but by the time I got to the decorating of those rooms I completely forgot that I'd made the change and didn't pay attention to their listed titles. In summary, "Oops; I'm going to fix that and decorate it right."

As for the "Study", I decorated it as if it were my Sewing room; there's the desk with the sewing machine, storage for the sewing patterns and other little sewing related stuff, bookcases for sewing books and inspirational magazines, and a high table for cutting out the fabric. biggrin

I will be working some today on getting more pictures of the house and will try and get them posted as soon as I can.

[Sep 25, 2016, 3:45:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

technical question : the walls seem very thick, what is their thickness confused

Are you sure that their can support three levels d oh
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 25, 2016, 6:08:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I just used the default thickness of the walls; should I have made them 6 inches thick instead?

[Sep 25, 2016, 11:09:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I fixed the issue with the master bedroom/master bathroom.

I haven't done much else with the house as I've had a migraine most of the day. I hope I can work on it later.

[Sep 26, 2016, 5:43:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I just used the default thickness of the walls; should I have made them 6 inches thick instead?
For one level yes.
For three take 8 or in MKSA international system 0,20 m (or 20 cm)... read here

Oh my god please, let fall this archaic system, go in 21th century !!!
---
[Sep 26, 2016, 5:59:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I fixed the issue with the master bedroom/master bathroom.
It's better ! I had never seen a bathroom bigger than a bedroom.

Closets between 2 rooms, councils are followed... smile

Good work. applause
---
[Sep 26, 2016, 6:05:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you for the information; I'll look into changing the thickness of the walls as soon as I can.

[Sep 26, 2016, 6:11:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've been out most of the day so I've only done a quick work on the outside walls' thicknesses. I also did a little rearranging on a couple of the bedrooms.

[Sep 27, 2016, 5:14:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved