Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5648 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
radic

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
one way mirror

I tried to crate one withe blender and as .obj it ist transparent from both sides and as .3ds it's a mirror on both sides.

Is it in general possible to model a on way mirror for Sweet Home 3D?
[Sep 28, 2016, 12:05:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: one way mirror

Well, I have not tried, but yes, it should be possible. Full effect will not be visible until you render photo/video, though. And it may require some adjustment of the .obj/.mtl files (i.e. add SH3D reflection in the .obj file).

You will need two surfaces: one mirror surface (see SourceForge 3D models 303 and then another opposite surface facing the other way with semi-transparency (the back layers should both be invisible).

There are a few variables such as transparency and reflection level in the .mtl file to get it just right, but not black magic either. Exactly how you go about this in Blender is beyond the remit of this forum, but any software will be able to produce the shape you need.

Good luck. If you run in to problems, do tell and someone might be tempted to have a stab at it smile

ok
[Sep 28, 2016, 5:30:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved