Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 216
Posts: 216   Pages: 22   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 589001 times and has 215 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in

This doesn't work...
- right-click on the Windows logo
- select Run
- java -Xmx8g -jar C:\Users\hans\Downloads\SH3D-6.2_derived.jar
- nothing happens

Any suggestions?
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 16, 2019, 11:12:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Not sure if it works on Windoof, but go to your SweetHome3D directory, open the lib folder, rename the SweetHome3D.jar to anything else, rename the JAR-file from Enko to SweetHome3D.jar and copy it to the lib folder in your SweetHome3D directory.
Then start your SweetHome3D as usual...
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jul 16, 2019, 3:27:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

This doesn't work...
- right-click on the Windows logo
- select Run
- java -Xmx8g -jar C:\Users\hans\Downloads\SH3D-6.2_derived.jar
- nothing happens

Any suggestions?

You can launch the JAR file
- from a terminal:
java -Xmx8g -jar "C:\Users\hans\Downloads\SH3D-6.2_derived.jar"

- from a .bat file in the same directory as the JAR:
java -Xmx8g -jar SH3D-6.2_derived.jar

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Jul 17, 2019, 9:56:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

This beta version 1.8 of the photo plug-in will allow you to test the new shininess shaders and Sunflow standard options from version 1.2 of this other plug-in (Tools menu).

[Note: Updated download links to include video rendering and bug fixes in standard options.]
Attachment PVR-1.8_betaTest2.sh3p (353864 bytes) (Download count: 500)

Attachment AdditionalSunflowOptions-1.2.sh3p (70930 bytes) (Download count: 217)

Attachment PVR-1.8_betaTest2a.sh3p (353801 bytes) (Download count: 498)

Attachment AdditionalSunflowOptions-1.2a.sh3p (70997 bytes) (Download count: 236)

EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Aug 28, 2019, 6:56:23 PM]
[Aug 26, 2019, 11:21:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Perfect!

After some testing, I have found that a buffer size of 48 is marginally faster than 64 and 32.
Is it automatically detecting the number of threads available?

Quite oddly, it seems that choosing different bucket orders has an impact on the rendering time.
This is rendered with column.

Hilbert : 39 s
Spiral : 39 s
Row : 38 s
Column : 35 s
Diagonal : 35 s
Random: 48 s

I didn't try the reverse options – but I must admit I was somewhat curious about the reverse random...

I noticed no difference with the threads.lowPriority activated.

The project file is meant as an illustration of the rather hot inner core of the earth (intended for the education of my daughters),
and I wanted it to spin, so I tried making a video.
It seems the video will not render in Q4, but stops about half way.

I'm including the project file, in case anyone wants to give it a try ( 1280 x 536 )

Project file

Cec
[Aug 27, 2019, 9:52:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Ceciliabr

Is it automatically detecting the number of threads available?
Yes, the number of threads by default is the number of available processors (CPU) that will be the maximum value because I noticed a bug by opening your file on my computer which has only 4 cores.

Quite oddly, it seems that choosing different bucket orders has an impact on the rendering time.
I think it depends on the scene.
With yours where the subject is central and the background black, the order has an influence especially on the calculation of the remaining time.

I didn't try the reverse options – but I must admit I was somewhat curious about the reverse random...
The "reverse random" bucket order will be removed.

I noticed no difference with the threads.lowPriority activated.
This is what I also found but I do not do any action in the plan or the 3D view during a rendering.

It seems the video will not render in Q4, but stops about half way.
Version 1.7 of the plug-in uses only the default values of the new options.
I will test with different video format because the lighting significantly increases the duration of the rendering.

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Aug 28, 2019, 7:03:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I have tested, and tested, and tested again, and again, and I have found nothing wrong.
PVR-1.8_betaTest2, in companion with Additional Sunflow options (v1,2), works like a charm, and the combination is surely a blessing for everyone concerned with advanced rendering.
Myself, I would rather that the semi-transparent part of an uncompleted rendering could be completely transparent, but it works perfectly well like it i is!

In my opinion, PVR-1.8_betaTest2 is a release candidate (if it hasn't already been released without my knowledge)

Thank you for your great work!

Cecilia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Sep 25, 2019, 7:51:39 PM]
[Sep 25, 2019, 7:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
waleedfahmy

Egypt

I wish if one of experts make a detailed tutorial about rendering and setting . I get good results but after many trials and not totally satisfied with results
[Sep 25, 2019, 9:49:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Ceciliabr

I have tested, and tested, and tested again, and again, and I have found nothing wrong.
Regarding the problem of video rendering, everything works correctly?
On my side it's random for a new simple project: a single object and a linear or circular camera path.

Myself, I would rather that the semi-transparent part of an uncompleted rendering could be completely transparent, but it works perfectly well like it i is!
It is possible but I did not propose it because we do not see the size of the image.

In my opinion, PVR-1.8_betaTest2 is a release candidate (if it hasn't already been released without my knowledge)
If everything is good on your side, I think that version 1.8 will soon be published.
The next big innovation will be the addition of the YafaRay rendering engine when its beta phase is over.

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Sep 26, 2019, 3:25:45 AM]
[Sep 26, 2019, 3:12:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@waleedfahmy
I wish if one of experts make a detailed tutorial about rendering and setting . I get good results but after many trials and not totally satisfied with results

VeroniQ has created a blog tutorial "How to create a nice photo rendering" and a video tutorial "How to create nice photo renderings".
Ceciliabr has created a detailed tutorial explaining his techniques and tips for a photo-realistic rendering.
For the description of the Sunflow rendering parameters, you can consult this document.
EnkoNyito
[Sep 26, 2019, 3:22:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 216   Pages: 22   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved