Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8776 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Mantaray36

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Stairs

Hi everyone. I'm new to Sweet Home 3D but loving the programme so far but I wonder if I can get some help?

I've tried to model some floating stairs but creating blocks and locking them up against the wall. The problem I'm having is that when I model the next level I can't see the stairs. Is there any way of seeing them or is there something else I should do in this instance? Thanks.
[Nov 30, 2016, 4:53:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: Stairs

Hi lonely,

If I understood well , you can use boxes (seen on the plan) put against a wall at the good position...

The best wil be a small drawing of you want to do. smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Dec 1, 2016, 6:16:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mantaray36

United Kingdom

Thanks bdfd.
Creating the stairs isn't the problem but being able to see them when I add the next level up is.
Not sure how I add a photo on here but if you can give me some help I'll post it.
[Dec 1, 2016, 8:55:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

If the question is how to cut the ceiling/floor above, you can either draw the floor above manually, or export the staircase as .obj and re-import it checking the 'staircase' option. That way the model will make the cut-out (when reaching the ceiling).

If you need a more elaborate cut-out, you need to use the Furniture Library Editor available on the download page. You can find more about how to enter the cut-out shape in the forum or the SVG mini guide.

ok
[Dec 1, 2016, 9:18:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Not sure how I add a photo on here but if you can give me some help I'll post it.
I choosed 'mediafire.com' for example but you must create a account.
Upload your drawing on it and click on 'share options' to get the 'direct link' and copy-paste in the forum. smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Dec 1, 2016, 12:05:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mantaray36

United Kingdom

okh's suggestion sorted out my problem. I had previously tried to export my stairs to an OBJ file and selected Staircase but it didn't work. I now know that the stairs have to reach exactly to the ceiling in order to make them show. Thanks for your help everyone.
[Dec 1, 2016, 12:23:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved