Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11262 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
dvd.roco

Chile
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile Different shapes on windows

Hi every one, I'm new using Sweet Home 3D, and I'm trying to create a model of my house. However in my house there are windows with shapes of rhombus, inclined rectangles, or even triangles. Fortunately, the catalog out of the box already contains windows with triangle shape, but not other kind of window.

So my question is, is there an additional catalog with different window shapes?, or an easy way to create this kind of windows?.

I'm new using this tool, so if this question was already answered, sorry about that, and please provide the thread URL. If not, I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks
[Dec 6, 2016, 8:17:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: Different shapes on windows

Hi lonely,

Try to visit this site HERE !

More 35,000 models, you'll find your wish... smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Dec 7, 2016, 5:17:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Sounds like an interesting house...

Using other software to create basic shapes is not too difficult but, of course, you will need to know the basics of Sketchup/Blender/Art of Illusion etc. If this and the Free 3D Models page or 3D warehouse and the other sites suggested at the import page fail you, there are still a couple of alternatives.

Rotating an existing window:
In the same style as the fixed triangle window, there is also the "Fixed window" (rectangle). These shapes can be stretched and rotated through export/import, for instance by:
- select window,
- change dimensions,
- use 3D view, export selection to OBJ format,
- use import furniture or drag and drop obj file in SH3D,
- in the second import window:
- -- use the green arrows to change rotation,
- -- first 90°,
- -- then incremental degrees pressing SHIFT + green arrow up,
- -- then -90° back again so the window faces you,
- in the third import window, check the Door/Window box,
- Resize.

Now, this technique has limitations, but if applied to the triangle/rectangle windows, it will at least provide you with some more alternatives in roughly the same style as the triangle.

Create a shape (with SH3D):
Many ways of doing this, but best option is probably with the ShapeGenerator-1.1.sh3p available on the Plugins page, which will let you create basic (e.g. 20% transparent) shapes that you can export and then import as window. For a frame and other details, you may need to rework the imported model with walls and other shapes and repeat the export/import to get it right.

Playing with your own shapes has a couple of advantages: OBJ files can be edited with other software and you can supply additional information such as window openings with the Furniture Library Editor (on the download page).

If this does not work for you, you could post a picture or a link to similar windows to see if another SH3D user has already created something that might fit.

ok
[Dec 7, 2016, 8:58:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Just to illustrate, posted some odd shapes and a turned 'Fixed window' in SF 3D models 405. The models (for rotation) and .sh3d file also enclosed. ok

[Dec 7, 2016, 10:36:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dvd.roco

Chile

Excellent, I created different kind of windows using the ShapeGenerator and the Furniture Library Editor, and works very well. I appreciate your help. Thanks.
[Dec 7, 2016, 3:48:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Good - and if you feel so inclined - please post images. Sounds like an interesting house. You have probably found out, but with some extra properties editing in the library, you can also add window openings and accurate cutouts etc. (search forum / SVG mini manual). Good luck with your project. ok
[Dec 7, 2016, 6:18:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved