Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3495 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Cyborggeffien

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Floor in home appears white when rendered

I'm having a problem while I render a living/dining room inside a house. The floor appears mostly white even though there's a wooden texture on the floor. As you can see in the top image little brown specks appear on the floor.

What the floor looks like when rendering in either of the two high quality modes:

The floor will also appear like the top image even when another image texture is used or a solid color other than white is used.

What the floor texture looks like when rendering in either of the two fast modes:

Why is the floor appearing white while rendering in either of the two high quality modes? The floor's Matt/Shiny setting is set to Matt. Here is a link to the .sh3d file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wfutfc8s3fic8ne/My_House_-_Cyborggeffien.zip

System specs:

RAM: 4 GB
    Graphics Memory: 512MB NVIDIA NVS 3100M
    CPU: Intel Core i5 540M @ 2.53GHz
    Sweet home 3D version: 5.3
    Java Version: Version 8 Update 111

[Jan 5, 2017, 9:23:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Floor in home appears white when rendered

Hi Cyborg
Just had a quick look at the file, appears to be a floor/wall hieght issue, but you will need someone better with numbers than me to sort it.
Mike
[Jan 6, 2017, 12:56:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cyborggeffien

Re: Floor in home appears white when rendered

I found a big problem in the sh3d file. Inside the crawl space level, there was a room filling up the entire crawl space. I deleted it. The floor texture displays properly.

Here is a picture depicting the floor rendered properly:

@Miker777, I don't know what to say about your post. I don't mean to ignore you or anything.
[Jan 6, 2017, 3:17:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved