Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10883 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
nevrklap

Czech Republic
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
various tiles on a single wall in the bathroom

Hi,
I downloaded the Sweet Home 3D in order to try to design my own bathroom.. The program is fine and I was able to create the model with all the equipment quite easily. But actually the main reason for me for using the software was the design of tiling. And here I am not sure if there is any straightforward way how to do it. I mean a case when there are more colors or styles of tiles at one single wall (decorative tiles). Both vertically and horizontally placed, or even only single tiles placed on certain spots on the wall..
I can imagine dividing a wall - so I can get vertical zones with different textures (tiles) but horizontal zones or small randomly placed zones? like here:
https://s27.postimg.org/6ni4imjc3/bath_tiles.jpg

Thank you for any info
Regards,
P.
[Jan 8, 2017, 3:26:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: various tiles on a single wall in the bathroom

Yes, it is possible. For the mirror wall in your image, you can simply split the wall and assign different textures.

For the other walls with horizontal "stripes" of tiles, the trick is to create a vertical pattern and set the texture height equal to the height of the wall when importing, like the examples in SF 3D models 346. To create the pattern you will need to use some graphics software (like the Gimp or Inkskape exporting to png, or whatever you are comfortable with).

ok

[Jan 9, 2017, 8:45:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SnakeGB

i create a box that is very thin and put my texture on that then you can place it on the wall were needed.
[Jan 21, 2017, 3:32:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Same as snake

Mike
[Jan 21, 2017, 7:58:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lootza

Czech republic

Hi, I did it similarly, I created whole-wall texture in simplest windows drawing/painting programme ("malovani" in czech), using grid and measures there, and i had the tile files as well as the wall file in pixels exactly equal to milimetres of the tile/wall.

Grouts.. just eye measurement using the grid :)

Then it is simple to put the texture on your wall, you just have to import it in correct size. (i used png format of a picture)
TIP for SPLIT walls: you do not have to create two files for one wall that is for some reason split in your 3D home, you can create one picture for the whole physical wall and put in on both parts of the wall as texture, and you can switch the BEGINNING of the wall as needed, that will alter where from does te picture start.

If you tell me how to insert pictures here, i will :xxx

L.
[Aug 6, 2019, 6:51:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved