Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5396 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Some trees & stuff – sharing some of my larger exterior models.

At the request of OKH, I'm sharing some of the larger models from my 3D collection.
Trees and bushes, a patch of grass, some plants, a nice grassy ground texture, a summer sky...
and a few other items that you might find useful:

Most of these are quite big models, although I have tried to reduce the size a bit. The SH3D-file containing the project is 227Mb uncompressed.
Since most of my models are non-textured (by choice, because I often find it necessary to change the textures when using them in different projects anyway),
I decided that the simplest way of sharing (for me) would be to present them in a project-file as textured models.
My thoughts was that after downloading the project, one can decide which models to keep, export them as obj-files, and re-import the textured model. And then just delete the rest.

Using a graphics editor (Gimp, Photoshop or other), it's easy to change the texture to reflect summer or autumn – or even winter, using transparency to remove the leaves.

My preferred render settings for rendering exteriors:

View full scale image

Download project file

Trees&stuff-ga.sh3d

Grassy ground texture

Jepp...

Cec
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Jan 10, 2017 9:30:44 AM]
[Jan 10, 2017 9:25:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    http://cecprojects.wordpress.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Some trees & stuff – sharing some of my larger exterior models.

Beautiful work Cec, count 1 as download biggrin

ty Mike
[Jan 10, 2017 8:42:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

FRANCE

Fascinating reality for these pictures and models...

Bravo Cecilia ! applause applause applause
with W10 64b 1709 (16.299.125) / Core i7-4790 - RAM 16 MB / GeForce GTX770 2 Go Full HD
sh3d 5.6 with java 1.8.0_144 & java3D 1.6.0
[Jan 11, 2017 5:31:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Thank you very much, Cecilia! Have you done these trees by yourself? Are they free to use?
[Jan 13, 2017 6:40:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@VeroniQ

Yes, these are models and textures I have created using combinations of different designer software and my own photographs.
The trees and the plants are created with Eon Vue and re-textured in Photoshop, rocks and grass are created with Poser Pro. The terrain is generated from a handcrafted heightfield map.
The ground texture is created with various brushes in Photoshop, and is meant as an alternative to the tiled lawns. I have reduced the size to 1,4Mb. The resolution is 4096 x 4096, and it gives the best result if sized between 100 x 100 and 200 x 200 meters.

You can of course use everything as you please.

Cec
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Jan 14, 2017 1:20:14 PM]
[Jan 14, 2017 1:19:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    http://cecprojects.wordpress.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2017 eTeks - All rights reserved