Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 24551 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Not your usual 3 bed terraced home

I have been trying to figure out how to create this project for a while, think i fianlly acieved it
with the aid of an unwitting donor biggrin

Project can be viewed Here
[Jan 10, 2017, 9:33:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: Not your usual 3 bed terraced home

Good start ! applause

I think that the little hut on the terrace is for the lift.
But given the height of the roof, there is no place for the Machines room...

The better is a added level. wink

FYI: example for a lift for a particular.

Or a lift on a piston but it takes a level below.

The choice is simple.

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jan 11, 2017, 6:24:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Started now on some of the services for this project, image shows the pool filtration air con, so far, more to do yet on the refresh section for the 1st floor, and the lift.

[Jan 15, 2017, 7:54:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Unfortunately, since taken these images, and resetting the view, the walls and floors have taken on a life of their own, some appear some dont, on some walls the corners show both the inside and outside texture and the ceilings have cutouts where the doors are, cannot seem to sort it so i may have to start again. sad
[Jan 15, 2017, 8:04:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Excellent miker ! applause

Not easy to built this... I had the same problem HERE on D 188.

With all these creations (fdpaffie, miker, ...) we can offer a nice prestation around a project...
---
[Edit 2 times, last edit by bdfd at Jan 18, 2017, 11:19:24 AM]
[Jan 16, 2017, 5:42:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

HTML5 view + house surrounded by rocks + pipes view: all that in one thread! Very nice Mike smile
Did you use some special models to build the pipes network or basic objects were enough? Do you plan to arrange furniture in it too?

Unfortunately, since taken these images, and resetting the view, the walls and floors have taken on a life of their own, some appear some dont, on some walls the corners show both the inside and outside texture and the ceilings have cutouts where the doors are, cannot seem to sort it so i may have to start again.
I'm not completely sure what to conclude from your comment, but it might be because you use transparent walls. You should know that transparent shapes drawn in the 3D view are managed quite differently to manage the mixing transparency effect of superimposed transparent surfaces (if you look through a blue window with a red one behind it, the background scene should be purple). Sometimes the 3D engine can't determine the right order in which transparent surfaces should be drawn, particularly when two surfaces are at the same time farther and closer of the camera according to the corner you take into account. Hope my explanations help you understand a little the issue... confused
You can experiment this problem also when you rotate Scopia's Christmas tree and bonsai 3D models because the material of their leaves is based on PNG transparent images.
As ray tracing in SunFlow works differently and doesn't cause this kind of issue, this makes me wonder whether I should reconsider the option of ignoring the transparency set on walls at the two best quality levels of the photo creation tool. I remember that I didn't take this transparency into account because it didn't render nicely, but maybe it wouldn't be so difficult to fix...
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 18, 2017, 9:46:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Did you use some special models to build the pipes network or basic objects were enough ?
In seeing the pictures, I think that it's boxes (99%). smile

We must applause here not the objects but the idea and the precision to place all these. applause applause applause
---
[Jan 18, 2017, 1:20:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Thx for the comments EP and bdfd
Walls are sorted m8, had to change the transparency a few times until my little pc caught on to what i wanted, poor thing. Pipes are all cylinders, verticle and horizontal, with a sphere at each joint to make it look like an elbow, ductwork is all box's 12x3 positioned inside ceilings and walls.

Mike
[Jan 18, 2017, 6:14:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Update on the air con, cannot say that i understand the technicalities of an air con system, so this is my idea of its basics, warm air fed in at floor level, extracted at ceiling level to maintain even room temp and pressure, i think.

Little more completed on the terrain.

Many Many thx to Cec. Terrain is now 3d thx solely down to your stones and textures. biggrin

As for furniture......... dont know yet, though i do have a range of kitchen cabinets with a metal frame, an idea i had when looking at a shopping trolley, that might look ok in this house
[Jan 18, 2017, 7:11:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

HI
Made a couple of changes to the project,there is now a curved wall by the 1st floor steps,and made a hand rail for it, this has allowaed me to position a WC off the reception area.

Ground floor layout

1st floor

And 2nd

[Jan 21, 2017, 8:18:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved