Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4310 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
romu70

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Awful performances on Fedora 25 64 bit

I updated my (Dell XPS 13 with Skylake Core i7) to Fedora 25 and SW3D performances are so awful that it is barely usable. And as my VirtualBox Windows VMs crash because of the 3D rendering, it's difficult for me to use SW3D.

I tested with both Xorg and Wayland, same awful graphics performances.

Any idea how to fix this?
[Jan 19, 2017, 4:44:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Awful performances on Fedora 25 64 bit

Maybe try the SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 script that is also included in Sweet Home 3D download.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 19, 2017, 5:35:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
romu70

France

Much better thanks. I still have latency with the "Create room" feature. Here is what happens:
1. Put the mouse cursor on a corner and wait for the inference engine to display the small blue disk
2. Then click
3. Move to another corner and ...(step 1)
4. Click
5. Move the...
-> At that time, there is a big chance the point created at step 4 is not where the inference disk was. As a result, when your room is defined, you have to refine the positions of the points which are not located where they should be.
[Jan 20, 2017, 8:54:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I don't know what you mean by "inference engine" sad
I just tried again under Ubuntu and didn't notice any issue while drawing rooms, even with a virtual machine running under Parallels Desktop. There must be another issue on your computer.
You could also try with an older version of Sweet Home 3D because the last version comes with a more recent version of Java, but I would be astonished that it works better.
[Jan 20, 2017, 10:11:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
romu70

France

"inference engine" it's just the part of the software you wrote which detect the cursor or an object is getting very close to a particular object (wall, corner, furniture, etc).

You use it everywhere in SW3D to show the small blue disk when you draw rooms, to display rules when the user draws walls, etc...

You just didn't know this is called inference.

Ok, I'll can live the way it works right now with the 1.5.2 script. Thanks a lot for the help.
[Jan 20, 2017, 10:35:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

(Sorry for English readers, but I still have some doubts about the meaning of "inference engine" given by Romu)

Romu, "inference engine", ça donnerait quoi en français ? Parce que si c'est moteur d'inférence, ça ne correspond pas à mes (vagues) souvenirs d'IA, dans le cas de la gestion de Sweet Home 3D wink
[Jan 20, 2017, 6:32:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved