Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5997 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
rhawke

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Recalculate Room Points

After I move a wall by a few inches or move a door left or right along a wall, I have to update the room. Right now the easiest way is to delete the room and add it again with double click (because fixing the room to match a moved door manually takes a long time).

But then I have to select the textures again, change labels, etc.

It would be nice to have a button inside the "Modify Room" dialog box that lets you recalculate the room points (basically same calculation as when I double click in the center of the room). You could simulate this by assuming I double clicked into the center of the selected room.

Or is there already a good approach to this problem that I am missing?
[Jan 27, 2017, 7:19:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Recalculate Room Points

I had the idea to add an option to recalculate rooms like you proposed.
But I already introduced a solution to simplify this operation: cut the room, create the room with double click and select Edit > Paste style menu item.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 27, 2017, 4:52:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rhawke

United States

Thanks Emmanuel, this is a good tip. I will use this from now on!

For new users the idea to have a button to recalculate would be nice though, so if it is easy to implement I think it would a way to make the software even more intuitive and user friendly (It already is AWESOME!)
[Jan 27, 2017, 5:04:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi rhawke
Sounds like a good idea to me, i never get door positions right 1st time, or 2nd come to that.
[Jan 27, 2017, 7:10:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shoulders

United Kingdom

I had the idea to add an option to recalculate rooms like you proposed.
But I already introduced a solution to simplify this operation: cut the room, create the room with double click and select Edit > Paste style menu item.

Is this an easy thing to make into a macro attached to a mouse context menu?

thanks
[Oct 15, 2022, 3:55:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fabiin

France

+1
I was seeking for the feature described here.
Pasting style does not work for options other than style like room name, display area, label and area position.
[Jul 26, 2023, 11:49:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Recalculate room points item was added to plan contextual menu of version 7.2.
You have to select a room and right click at a point where the room points should be recalculated to get this menu item. If the points don't need to be recalculated, the menu item won't appear.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 24, 2023, 3:07:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved