Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 24
Posts: 24   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 24509 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Indicate price in furniture list

Okh, nice attempt!
Oh well, pretty close smile. See, that is what happens when you unleash xml on lawyers who do not understand the context. I shall be looking forward to playing with more 'stuff'... And the result will probably be even more silly questions. Thanks! ok
[Mar 5, 2018, 10:25:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. more silly questions...
Actually, no. Thanks again, it was almost too easy to make it work. And just copy/paste items to spreadsheet had no hiccups. Interesting, also like the VAT calculation. Had to smile when I noticed that it was Feature request no 7. While I think this is a potentially useful feature, I also realise that there may be some considerations in terms of how to implement as default. But now I know it is already there - and will use it. Thanks. ok

[Mar 6, 2018, 12:48:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

And groups are presented with sums of all prices. Impressive! This already works beyond expectations.

My vote would probably be letting user enter prices directly from SH3D and not rely on FurnitureLibraryEditor. IF you were to implement, that is. I appreciate the comments you have made on this before, but maybe a separate implementation through a plug-in that could:

de-comment/set a default currency in DefaultUserPreferences.properties
Add model information:
information='' (maybe even linkable ->8330?)
price=' '
valueAddedTaxPercentage=''
currency='EUR'

Clearly some caveats would be in order, but now that I have tried, it really gets quite tempting... It is almost a shame not to make use of this feature that is already implemented, and my guess is that an interface would be popular. Here with dummy models for wall paper and floorboards to include in the calculation.

ok

[Mar 6, 2018, 4:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Larz2

Denmark

I have now an urgent need to add prices to furniture!
But as a "non-programmer", can I please ask you to help me and in clear, simple steps guide me through how to activate price information visible in the display list. And also how to add prices to the furniture.

Think this will be a great help for other users too, as the price feature will make SH3D very useful.
Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Larz2
[May 31, 2018, 1:08:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Hi Lars, As you will see from the earlier in the thread, there is no interface for this as of yet.
..help me and in clear, simple steps .. how to activate price information visible in the display list...
And as there is no interface, I am not sure the procedure should be called 'simple'. Activating involves editing a file installed and used by SH3D as described in Puybaret's post above (7471#38192).
..how to add prices to the furniture...
Again, without an interface, you will need to edit 'manually, namely editing a FurnitureLibrary file (explained in several threads) or edit the entries in Home.xml.
..urgent need...
For an urgent need, without going through the not-intended-for-end-user steps above, I suspect your simplest way of getting a price-list, is to select the furniture you need prices for in the furniture list, copy and paste to a spreadsheet (pay attention to locale/currency settings). And add prices to your items in the spreadsheet.

Even with the latter method, there are a couple of cheats/workarounds. You could add the price in the name field with a special delimiter for the spreadsheet import (e.g. ¤) - or import the furniture putting the price in the creator field. Neither of which are very elegant, but well, if it is urgent...

Maybe, if you could provide some more information about the scope of your project and how you intend to use the pricing, it would provide a strong case for implementing the feature with a nice interface... smile

ok
[May 31, 2018, 1:46:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Larz2

Denmark

Thanks OKH for your reply.
I guess I can manage to edit files, but I need to know filename and where to find these files.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but please guide me where to look (path / filename).

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Larz2

Maybe, if you could provide some more information about the scope of your project and how you intend to use the pricing, it would provide a strong case for implementing the feature with a nice interface... smile

ok
The idea is to make my own library with furniture to use for exhibitions, so clients can design an exhibition stand and know the total price for buying or renting the furnitures.
[Jun 1, 2018, 1:04:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

The idea is to make my own library with furniture to use for exhibitions, so clients can design an exhibition stand and know the total price for buying or renting the furnitures.
Yes, I can see that is making good use of the price system. Before you start, a couple of warnings:
- The prices are not yet implemented, and I would treat them as BETA testing at your own risk.
- Keep back-up of all files you edit, and as you will be editing a file used by the SH3D system, do not be angry with anyone for anything going wrong.
- Beware of not building furniture libraries without paying attention to copyright issues.
- Prices and tax rates are, of course, also your responsibility.
- Comply with the general licensing provided with SH3D and libraries.
- Note that you will need to edit text files in compressed zipped files. How you do this will differ, but you may for instance need to rename the files to xxxx.zip to be able to access the content, extract the file you want, edit it, put it back in place and re-name the file back to its original extension.
- The files can be pretty unforgiving. Using a comma instead of full stop could prevent the file from working.

1) Enabling price information in SH3D
Please, revisit the instructions above in Puybaret's post , all the information you need is there. Once the default currency is set, you can right-click the furniture list and select different price elements from 'Display column'.

2) Setting price information for furniture
Create your collection of furniture with the FurnitureLibraryEditor (http://sweethome3d.com/download.jsp#other) and save.
The library will be in a .sh3f file which is also a zipped file.
As for the editing, there is a lot of info around in the forum and a brief description on page 9 in the SVG guide (http://www.sweethome3d.com/SVGPathMiniManualForSweetHome3D.pdf). In short, it will go something like this:
From the .sh3f file you will need to extract PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties
Each piece of furniture is assigned a number and several entries with properties
http://www.sweethome3d.com/javadoc/com/eteks/...eCatalog.PropertyKey.html
lists the different optional and mandatory properties.
As an example, a priced item (#2 in the library) could look something like this after editing:
id#2=okh#isowineglass
name#2=Glass wine iso
information#2=<a href="https://duckduckgo.com/?q=iso+wine+glass">ISO glass</a>
description#2=Reasonably priced glasses, smooth
tags#2=standard wine tasting glass
category#2=Miscellaneous
icon#2=/Glass wine iso.png
model#2=/Glass wine iso/glass_wine_iso.obj
multiPartModel#2=true
width#2=6.5
depth#2=6.5
height#2=15.5
movable#2=true
doorOrWindow#2=false
modelSize#2=13320
deformable#2=false
resizable#2=false
texturable#2=false
price#2=2.50
currency#2=EUR
value_added_tax_percentage#2=14
creator#2=okh
Here some non-standard fields are added manually:
information#xxx= (links and simple html possible)
deformable#xxx / resizable#xxx / texturable#xxx (all set to =false to limit changing the model)
and, of course, the fields you are interested in price#xxx, currency#xxx and value_added_tax_percentage#xxx.

I would strongly encourage you to share more about your project in the forum. Not only could it be a strong argument for your wish to implement pricing, but it could also, as you say, be useful for others. If your project has some commercial value, I guess you could also ask for eTeks (or someone) to implement pricing in a custom versions - or create a plugin as suggested above.

Lykke til, eller skitt fiske som vi sier her oppe i sommervarmen. Hold oss orientert.

ok
[Jun 1, 2018, 4:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Larz2

Denmark

Thanks for your swift reply, OHK.

I will look deeper into this and try my best...

Tak for din hjælp - ha' en fin (varm!) helg ! cool

Best regards,
Larz2
[Jun 1, 2018, 5:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Tak for din hjælp - ha' en fin (varm!) helg ! cool
Hope you did not melt away. Fine the week-end was, but clocking above 32° in the shade behind the house sent us packing for the boat. Only to be fined by a police boat for not wearing life-jackets - going at 4 knots, 50 metres from the shore, wearing swimsuits ready to jump in. 22,8° water temp according to the police. The law really can be an ass sometimes...

But to your issue. I just tidied up one of the family computers updating Win 10 to the April release. For some reason SH3D suddenly became unbearably slow and I had problems fixing DefaultUserPreferences.properties to display prices. Not to mention all sorts of other issues not related to SH3D.

In terms of SH3D I decided to scrap the current installation and use the portable version on the family computer. That worked much better.

Which made me think that - not knowing your project - you might consider using the portable version of SH3D (from the download page) on a USB stick or memory card.

That way you can let your clients use the USB-stick, pre-configured ready to use with different Operating Systems and with your own (priced) furniture library.

Just a thought. Keep us posted - and good luck.

ok
[Jun 4, 2018, 9:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Sorry, thoughtless copy-paste mistake in the .sh3f / PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties above.

price#2=2.50
currency#2=EUR
value_added_tax_percentage#2=14

It should have been:
price#2=2.50
currency#2=EUR
valueAddedTaxPercentage#2=0.14

ok
[Jun 5, 2018, 4:17:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 24   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved