Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1497 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
bantar

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Print to Scale to PDF without Pagination

I'm able to change the scale and get the print to occur at the right size, but it always paginates. I'd like to print to a large format printer (that I do not own). Typically, one prints to PDF and then brings the PDF to a print shop for printing on their large format printer.

Is this possible?
[Feb 7, 2017 6:32:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Print to Scale to PDF without Pagination

I noticed recently that the paper size selected in page setup wasn't respected under Mac OS X. Under what system do you work?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 7, 2017 9:19:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://www.eteks.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bantar

USA

I'm using Windows. I do think it is using the selected paper size (letter) and thus I'm getting 30 pages of output. The desired output is all on a single page, especially since PDF can support such large sizes. I select the desired scale and then see what is output vs wanting to select a specific size. Once the file is printed to PDF, I can then let that program paginate if I need to print on smaller paper sizes.

I think my print store uses a printer such as HP DesignJet T830 which prints 36-in (914-mm) wide by very long prints (only limited by the length of paper on a spool). I recently printed a 30-in x 84-in print there. Likely, we need a new paper size possibly called Large Format with a paper size of, let's say, 36" x 72" or infinite even. Because I don't have such a printer attached, it is not a selectable size.
[Feb 7, 2017 11:09:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mark@structuresummaries.com

United States

Has anyone figured a work around for this? I cannot print full scale drawings to large format either as it is not a selection. If I try to save as PDF then rescale in another program the quality is very bad and illegible
[Apr 15, 2017 4:27:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kraiger51

Using a Mac, I also have this issue. Page format set to 24x36 but the print preview and actual output will paginate to 12 pages. How do I export to a single 24x36 PDF? Thanks.
[Nov 15, 2017 8:23:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

What versions of Sweet Home 3D, Java and Mac OS X do you use?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 16, 2017 7:59:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://www.eteks.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2017 eTeks - All rights reserved