Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7356 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Astrofilus

Croatia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Calculating the surface of the wall.

Hello everyone,
I have found this great software a few days ago and started to use it with ease but now my question is how can I calculate the surface of the walls in the rooms to be visible in m2 like the surface of the floor? Is there a method or plugin to calculate the total area of the walls or some selected walls?
And the second question: How can I see a side projection of the plan?
Thank you very much. smile
[Feb 19, 2017, 2:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Calculating the surface of the wall.

Hi Astrofilus
If you highlight a wall, or more than 1, go to tools, choose the option "compute walls area". Not sure about changing the view of a plan.
Mike
[Feb 19, 2017, 4:55:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Not sure if this will help you but i read this earlier
[Feb 19, 2017, 4:57:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Astrofilus

Croatia

Hi Mike
Thanks for the info but when I select a wall and go to tools I don't have this "compute walls area" option. It only offers me Generate 3d shape and Advanced settings of photo rendering. The SH3D version is 5.4 and I have installed almost all textures, furniture and plugins. Maybe I'm missing something.
[Feb 19, 2017, 6:06:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Maybe its part of a plug in. You check the list, here and maybe EP could point you in the right direction
[Feb 19, 2017, 6:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

I think it is a plugin. See the SourceForge Plugin page. I think it may be number 5, but have not tried. ok
[Feb 19, 2017, 6:38:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

biggrin
[Feb 19, 2017, 6:41:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Astrofilus

Croatia

Thanx a lot...it works. I have not seen this last plugin page. Only the one Mike pointed out. Have a nice day everyone... smile
[Feb 19, 2017, 10:20:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. not seen this last plugin page...
Hope it works. If you search through the forum, you will find several attempts at making spreadsheets and calculations for sloping walls. Some of them referenced in thread 5953.

In practice, however, my needs have really been how much paint to buy. Which is not that accurate a science, and guesstimates are often just as good as any calculations - just multiply average height with width of wall, and make a rough subtraction for windows and doors. Still there are some other calculations that can be a pain - wall intercept and roof angles. This Geogebra calculation can be used for quick calculations of the different wall figures by moving the blue dots. No rocket science, but possibly useful for finding some general numbers (I think reasonably correctly, but I am no mathematician).

ok

Wall length
Height start
Height end
Roof length
Roof rise
Roof run (wall length)
Roof slope
Roof slope (x/12)
Roof angle
Area bottom part
Area top part (triangle)
Wall total area
Intercepting wall distance from lower wall
Intercepting wall height

[Feb 20, 2017, 9:37:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved