Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7824 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Coach House Conversion

Hiya.
I recently had a few days in Kent, South East UK, where i saw some wonderful homes, converted barns, refurbed factories, Oast Houses etc which gave me this idea.
Based on an old Coach House, where the horse and cart would enter the front of a building, get unloaded and exit the rear to a yard or stables. Heres my take on the idea, Main house plus garages and a granny annexe.
Ground floor layout

1st floor

2nd floor accessed via a spiral stair centre of the main room

Rear view

And front

The only image so far of the interior shows the refurbished hoist used when unloading the carts.

The hook is handy for hanging the kids when they play up biggrin though they could probably hang me there since they are 19 and 21 sad

Enjoy
Mike
[Mar 3, 2017, 8:12:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Coach House Conversion

Fogot to add THIS link
[Mar 3, 2017, 8:21:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Got 2 of the rooms completed, i decided to have a go at making my own doors and windows, so i used them here.

Games room

I had to modify the stairs quite a bit too, as the wall height is over 10ft, increasing the height of the stair made the hand rail over 4ft, so what you see here is 2 stairs, 1 with everything except the hand rail invisible , the other with everthing except the stair invisible, i then added each upright.

And Entrance hallway

Ty Cec for the floor, i will keep a cross and some garlic handy for late nite visits

Mike
[Mar 5, 2017, 4:02:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

That was an old image of the games room, my bad. sad

[Mar 5, 2017, 4:05:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

2 more views of the hallway

I will be changing the front door for the doors i have made so the mullion size and door handles match

and another of the games room

I set these up as multiple renders, 1st time i have tried it, nice one smile .

Mike
[Mar 9, 2017, 7:04:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Modified the windows/doors on the ground and 1st floor too

Mike smile
[Mar 9, 2017, 7:14:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

The fountain being too large, I'll put my bicycles in the second garage... wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Mar 9, 2017, 7:17:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Not sure about the fountain myself, may well end up being a tree.
[Mar 10, 2017, 1:35:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

A tree would be nice, more in the back corner I think, with a little green around it maybe?
----------------------------------------

[Mar 10, 2017, 7:23:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Sounds perfect Aeowyn

Made a few modifications to the ground and 1 st floor.

The front entrance has been reorganised, the cloakroom is now under the stairs and the old cloakroom is now larger and has been changed to a WC. The main door has now been changed to match the rest of the doors.
It now looks like this.

I have also changed the top of the stairs, they now both enter a small area of the 1st floor instead of the open pan area. This floor also has a WC directly above the one on the ground floor, and all new windows.

4 pairs of double sliding doors and 4 large fixed windows.

I look forward to reading any ideas/suggestions smile

Mike
[Mar 12, 2017, 4:49:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved