Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4986 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Fawn

Japan
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Total Confusion

Okay, I was on Trimble 3D Warehouse, and I found a model that I wanted to see the floor plan for but I can't figure out how to load it into SH3D to be able to look at the floor plan of the 3D Model. It is a DAE file. I also went as far as to download SketchUp, and I tried to find the floor plan that way to no avail. Can someone please point me in the right direct and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I want to learn but I need some instruction.

This is the 3D model I'd like to see the floor plan of: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/c22df6...0e9669e1600/White-Convent

Any help would be appreciated.
----------------------------------------
裂けだした未来飾る言葉が無いその愛から今飛び立つ。
[Mar 28, 2017, 5:03:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Re: Total Confusion

1. Is not what You espect to be. It's a single object not an entire project (floor plan) so You can't used for modify.
2. This object has a very large terrain around and that's make the build to be very small. I've manage this but I loose some textures.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Mar 28, 2017, 8:13:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. tried to find the floor plan that way to no avail...
This is the 3D model I'd like to see the floor plan of: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/c22df6...0e9669e1600/White-Convent
Had a look at the model. You are doing nothing wrong. The sketchup model does not have a floor plan. It is just a model, an empty shell with outside walls+windows. And it has a ground surface that is enormous (5km×5km), so if you try to import it into SH3D, you will have a hard time finding the building itself. If you import it to Sketchup, you can study the construction (outside walls), but the inside is empty.

ok

PS It is possible to 'extract' the footprint of the building by copying the floors, but that requires some familiarity with Sketchup...
[Mar 28, 2017, 8:30:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Fawn

Japan

So, I take it this is going to be a common thing with these models on Trimble 3D Warehouse?

By the way okh, thank you for the email. I really, REALLY appreciate you taking the time to do that for me. I will most definitely come to you from now on should I need a layout! You are awesome! ❤️
裂けだした未来飾る言葉が無いその愛から今飛び立つ。
[Mar 28, 2017, 5:13:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

So, I take it this is going to be a common thing with these models on Trimble 3D Warehouse?
The Warehouse is a good place for furniture models. But the buildings do not convert to SH3D as they are hard to break apart into SH3D type elements.
..thank you for the email. I really, REALLY appreciate you taking the time
You are welcome. I was quite taken with the building and I might as well extract the floors when I studied it anyway. ok
[Mar 29, 2017, 8:59:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved