Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18176 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Treglis

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
User interface issue

Hi all,

i just have installed latest version 5.4. After start of the application everything seems fine. But right after I create a single wall weird thing is going on with the user interface. The interface is starting to render ui components on random places over each other where ever the mouse cursor is moving, check the screen 1 or screen 2.

I have tried install version and also portable versions in 32 and 64 bit variants. Everytime with the same effect.

I'm using Windows 10, AMD RX 480 latest Crimson driver 17.3.2.

Anyone any idea what can be wrong or how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
[Apr 3, 2017, 4:04:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Treglis

Re: User interface issue

So far I have tried different Java versions 6, 7 and 8 in combination of 32 and 64bit with different Java look and feel. I have also tried SH3D version 3.4 and 4.0, same problem. Started with Windows 7 compatibility and admin rights had no effect.

I have found already reported bug https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/bugs/684/.

Also according to this issue there is at least one another application with the same problem https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/1514.

My current conclusion is that it have to be problem in JVM directly or on OS or graphic card driver level, because same problem was reported on Windows 7 and 10 and on nVidia and AMD graphic cards.

I think it is not related directly to the 3D part oh the SH3D, but more general problem of Java UI rendering. I was able to simulate it also with just opening combobox in the Settings menu right after the application started.
[Apr 4, 2017, 6:18:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

What is the version of java ?
Go to help menu, click on About...

Give us the java and java3d please.

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Apr 4, 2017, 6:44:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Treglis

I have tried Java 8_121 32 and 64bit, Java 8_66 32 bit, Java 7_79 32bit, Java 6_43 32 and 64bit. Java3D is 1.6 in SH3D 5.4. I don't know Java3D version in SH3D 4.0 and 3.4 at the moment, but my guess is 1.5.2?

Anyway the problem may be related to Swing's 2D rendering engine using Direct3D. But setting
-Dsun.java2d.opengl=true
-Dsun.java2d.d2d=false
leads to SH3D failed to start with error message that DirectX is required for 3D or something like that (I can't show the exact message at the moment, because I'm not on my home PC).
[Apr 4, 2017, 7:59:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Treglis

Small progress.

Using this settings:
-Dsun.java2d.opengl=true
-Dsun.java2d.d2d=false

leads to this.

Using just settings:
-Dsun.java2d.d2d=false

shows error message that there is problem in 3D rendering system initialisation and SH3D is closed.

Using settings:
-Dsun.java2d.d2d=false
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.no3D=true

finally makes the SH3D working and no UI glitches so far. Disadvantage is the missing 3D overview and rendering possibility.

So it definitely seems like problem in Swing components rendering using Direct3D.
[Apr 4, 2017, 4:15:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Treglis

Started successfully with jre1.6.0_05 x64 including 3D view. There is problem in combination of newer Java versions (maybe because of some d2d changes in Java 6 u10), DirectX and graphic card driver.

1. Download and install jre-6u5-windows-x64.exe
2. Go to Program Files/java/jre1.6.0_05
3. Copy and overwrite directories bin and lib from the java installation folder to Sweet Home 3D/jre8 directory
4. Start SH3D
[Apr 4, 2017, 9:00:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ErikJan

The Netherlands

I have this too, tried a lot the last few days and still cannot get this resolved
[Oct 26, 2018, 8:23:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mabanter

Italia

Thank you Treglis. Non run well
[Nov 1, 2018, 1:48:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Nathan Mai seems to have found a solution to this issue.
It would be nice if more users could report how it works for them.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 11, 2019, 10:10:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Kobra77

France

Hi All,

I've used @Treglis tips and it worked! Thx @Treglis.

My Config:
-Windows 10
-Intel Core i7-7700HQ
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
-48Go Ram
[Jan 14, 2020, 6:32:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved