Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 109
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 219773 times and has 108 replies Next Thread
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Poor performance on desktop application 3D View compared to HTML5 viewer.

This will run Sweet Home 3D with an older version of Java 3D. I wonder if it will work better in your case.

Thanks Emmanuel, but no luck.

I just tried what you suggested, with both Java 64 and 32 bit and the 3D view is still "jumping" from a position to the next one as seen on the video. sad
----------------------------------------
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Apr 18, 2017, 1:57:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

The number of users with problems grows up !!! sick

But "our international Manu" is going to find a good solution... raised eyebrow
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Apr 18, 2017, 3:04:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dddstudio

Magyarország

For additional information I have include that this exact problem first occurred around Mar. 17., I have immediately notified Emmanuel. After a few days and a supposed Win10 update the problem went away. But now it came back. I do not know what type of update messes with this. My problem only happens on my work computer. At home, there are no problems.
[Apr 18, 2017, 5:20:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

I just tried on a fresh Kubuntu 16.04 with the latest SH3D version and just the same (or even slower) than Windows with the 3D view, while the movement is also fluid in the HTML5 viewer.

Is there any way to use in the application the same rendering than the viewer?
[Apr 20, 2017, 7:49:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The HTML5 viewer uses an HTML5 canvas and is programmed in JavaScript, whereas Sweet Home 3D is programmed in Java. Even if it should be possible to view an HTML5 canvas in a Java application, it's the kind of mix I won't try. I hope to find an easier and more consistant solution!
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 21, 2017, 10:05:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Thanks Emmanuel. It was just an idea to try and use an existing working 3D visualization, but I understand your point on mixing thinks not made to be mixed. tongue
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hal9000 at Apr 21, 2017, 10:46:56 AM]
[Apr 21, 2017, 10:46:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
superhirni

Hi,

This is my first post, so first of all thanks for this fantastic program, which is making my home remodeling project so much easier and better!

I think I have the same issue that for a couple of weeks now on my win10 notebook the 3d view "stutters". i.e. you can turn the model for maybe 10° an then it (the whole program) will freeze for 10-20sec and then resume. Every time I manipulate the 3d.
Impossible to work with.

I could narrow this down a bit further: I noticed that the objects I inserted into my model (bed chair table etc.) would not be visible in the 2d view but will show a "clock" symbol, signifying the program is loading the bitmap. This however seems to take forever and seems the reason for the poor 3d performance. Like the program is always busy loading the bitmap, at can't perform the 3d operations.

If I create a new model, walls only, it works just fine. Adding e.g. a single bed will start the freeze up.

I hope this will help finding a workaround as I dearly need the program for ongoing remodeling of our new home...

Thanks,
Thomas
[Apr 25, 2017, 8:51:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gotyou

Россия

Hi! The same issue on Windows 10.

The solution for me is to use Java Web Start version of SH3D. Found it in FAQ. Here's the link to this version: http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3D.jnlp

Don't know what's the differences compared to standalone. Seems pretty much the same.

Hope this helps! smile
[Apr 25, 2017, 3:39:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Like as said, the number of users grows now quickly.

Did you install win10 creators recently ?

What is your version of java and the allowed memory ?
See "about..."

Follow the link HERE and my last answer.

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Apr 25, 2017, 4:58:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Just spent a few evenings trying to find a cause for this issue.
With my recent project "slightly more modest" open, and a "new" project open, i started cutting from the existing to paste into the new.
I found that when i moved objects imported from 3rd party software, sketchup, saved then closed both projects, reopened existing project and found an immediate improvement, my thought on this, for what they are worth, are that there appears to be an issue in the way sh3d uses the texture/colour of each imported object. Not a fault with sh3d, more so, a better awareness by users as to what we are importing.
Also, an improvement was seen when i "cut" all forms of lighting, raised the question, is sh3d now trying to calculate lighting/shading at times other than rendering.
These are very basic tests that i have tried, as i have no technical knowledge of programmes or programming, hopefully they can help those that do.
Mike.
ps I can zip both and make them available if anyone wish's
[Apr 25, 2017, 7:23:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved