Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 109
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 219724 times and has 108 replies Next Thread
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Poor performance on desktop application 3D View compared to HTML5 viewer.

Thanks for the update and the effort, personnally i think my issue is my old steam powered pc, probably needs more coal.
[May 7, 2017, 2:52:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
philjord

New Zealand

Emmanuel,
It feels like this is another poor graphics driver update bundled with windows 10.
I wonder if you could ask everyone who's had this issue to try with webstart, as that uses a different exe from normal java
http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3D.jnlp
If that goes ok, then that tells us it's probably driver related.

The last major issue relating to drivers was the generic 1.2 driver which normally stopped everything from working, so I presume this is not that exact same issue.

Possibly checking the old d3d driver performance might help, but it's not easy, if someone with the issue could run this:
open powershell on windows
cd to a "Program Files (x86)" version of Java (which for me was)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin>
then run sweethome3d from there with the following command:
./java "-client" "-d32" "-Dj3d.rend=d3d" "-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.
version=1.5.2" -jar "<your path>\SweetHome3D-5.4.jar"

Notes:
you have to use ./ or the normal java runs
you have to use all the string quotes or powershell doesn't understand
you have to use the -client version and all the other options mentioned or it will not load the java3d1.5.2 d3d drivers

If anyone with the issue could run that, and confirm the speed is ok, then it is almost certainly opengl drivers failing to load.

Also it might help if everyone who's had the issues reports what the graphics card in their machine is, by opening powershell:
wmic path win32_VideoController get name,driverversion

Thanks,
Phil.
[May 10, 2017, 12:57:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
superhirni

My problem concerns only the desktop version. Web version runs nicely.
Another curiosity: I usually work in split secreen. There every manipulation of the 3D takes about 10sec. to be executed. So I move the courser "blindly" on a frozen 3D model and 10sec. later I get the rotation.
However, I then switched to "show 3D in seperate window" and I could move and turn it perfectly, for about 30sec.. From then on (and even after restarting sh3d) it's also have the 10sec. stall. Btw. sh3d never crashes or slows down the pc or anything, it just takes 10sec to change the 3D and upon starting takes forever to "load" the bitmaps of furniture (all standard) in the 2D.
[May 10, 2017, 8:19:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

I tried with the DirectX version of the webstart and it runs considerably better.
----------------------------------------
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[May 10, 2017, 9:42:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dddstudio

Magyarország

Now it is good (fast) again on my machine. Maybe another Win10 update? I'm not sure.
[May 22, 2017, 2:45:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
superhirni

For me it's still the same. No improvement.
I wonder: Is anything being done to solve this?
[May 27, 2017, 8:40:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
philjord

New Zealand

I'm still waiting for anyone with the issue to assist in debugging it by running the 2 command line steps I mentioned above. If we can reliable say that it's the Intel driver on windows 10 bug (and many people have suggested configurations that don't match this) then I can look into a solution.

If someone with the issue also has it with directx, then we will know it something entirely new. If someone with the issue doesn't have Intel drivers, then we know it's not that. If someone with this issue also has it under WebStart then we also know it's not the issue I'm thinking of. However I have never come across another issue like this, other than the Intel driver bug in many long years, so without more debug information it'll be slow going to get a fix done.

Regarding your particular issue, I can't really explain the brief speed up you got when switching to a separate window. But the super slow 3D is perfectly explained by software rendering (which is what it appears people machines are falling back to). The 2D view being slow is expected because the top down icons are created by a one frame 3D render from above. You could change to the catalog icon for furniture in the preferences if you like, but obviously that won't help much.

Sorry it's taking a long time, but I don't get the issues, and I don't have an old Intel GPU laptop to try to reproduce on.
Phil.
[May 29, 2017, 6:39:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RKASA

Thailand

Could not make heads tails out of the requested test, but with 9.17.10.4439 HD3000 it seems that some times it works for 20 minutes just fine then not - a restart of the program or even the PC does not seem to matter if it is going to work or not - it just sometimes works for a while and then not. Memory management issue I would think - it is not laoding up the PC at all - I have a ton of resource not being used - it just seems to not make use of the memory for the program (sometimes) like 85% of the time. I have 8gig of 1333 ram it is not making use of anything. No expert but a guess.
[May 29, 2017, 1:26:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Tried Win10/64bit thingy with an i3 processor. OS just updated through numerous cycles. Confirm that whatever updates Win10 has been up to, has now rendered SH3D so slow that it is practically useless. CPU usage pretty normal, but SH3D (Java Platform SE binary) appears to eat up more memory than it used to(?) Most operations in SH3D are hopelessly slow and 3D window only responds after having

PS> wmic path win32_VideoController get name,driverversion
DriverVersion Name
10.18.10.4358 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

But this is just one of the issues I have with Win10. Pretty much everything is slower and the fan spins so fast I am afraid the laptop will take off. Sorry that I cannot be of more help. For me the obvious solution is to avoid Win10 (for as long as I can). So far I have yet to find one single benefit for the 'upgrade'.

ok

The other shell command, I have yet to figure out, but I am to annoyed with Win10 to check right now.
PS C:\Users\ok> java "-client" "-d32" "-Dj3d.rend=d3d" "-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sweet Home 3D\SweetHome3D-5.4.jar"
Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Program Files (x86)\Sweet Home 3D\SweetHome3D-5.4.jar
PS C:\Users\ok> java "-client" "-d32" "-Dj3d.rend=d3d" "-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sweet Home 3D\lib\SweetHome3D.jar"
Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile C:\Program Files (x86)\Sweet Home 3D\lib\SweetHome3D.jar
PS C:\Users\ok>

[May 29, 2017, 5:23:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

I tried with W10 (hate it) and found the speed unchanged, OK is right about the cooling fan, so i am going back to W7
Mike
[Jun 3, 2017, 2:36:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved