Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 109
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 219833 times and has 108 replies Next Thread
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Poor performance on desktop application 3D View compared to HTML5 viewer.

Seems i am now stuck with 10 and hate it more by the hour.
Issues persist and get worse, not only is panning around the view virtually impossble as the image can take minutes to catch up once i have anything other than walls and windows, i cannot use colors as they are no where near a match, i have to use textures now the render times are hugely long (hours for external views)or, more often than not, fail to complete, left with random black box's.
Sorry to say i am going to have to give sh3d a miss until the java or windows conflict can be sorted.
TC All
Mike
[Jun 10, 2017, 11:41:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hate Ten ? No !

What about windows 8.1 then ?

Seven was an old OS for PC.
The first 'horizontal' OS was windows 8 and 8.1.
Now with Windows 10, we have all equipped plateforms (Smartphones, pads, laptop, PC and server).

I Say that at this time, I haven't problems with W10. biggrin
Generally, problems come from java...

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jun 10, 2017, 12:40:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

@ bdfd W10 makes my pc look like some sort gimmicky phone, i dont use apps i use programmes.

Anyway, 10 was no improvement for me, i have now tried 3 different versions of sh3d, no joy, completley removed all trace of sh3d from pc and started fresh with no plug ins or tools, didn't realise i would lose my own library items though sad ,then gradually reinstalled the plug ins and library items.

I have now noticed a fairly strange difference between virtual and aerial renders :-

Virtual ...... with wall colour but no textures

Aerial ....... with textures but no wall colour

All other settings remained exactly the same.

Any idea why this might be?

Mike
[Jun 18, 2017, 10:25:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Very Strange ! crying

In second picture, the sky appears like aerial mode ???
We don't see the texture !

Can you test this project on an another PC ?
or
Can we download this project ?

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jun 19, 2017, 6:22:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AnkeB

South Africa
shock Re: 3d View suddenly impossibly slow

I am having the same problem!!!

Please help me fix this!

I have updated my java, direct x and graphics card!!

[Jun 30, 2017, 5:32:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vinylspeed

Re: 3d View suddenly impossibly slow

I tried with reinstalling Java. It looked from the beginning that problem has gone but unfortunately still exists. What is interesting sometimes SweetHome works perfect, sometimes is very slow. Have no clue why it varies?
It is already 3 months since first error report and still no solution :(
[Jul 12, 2017, 3:18:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rhawke

United States

I have the same problems that everybody else discribes but only sometimes on Win 10. Some days it works without any issues. I can always tell when there will be an issue because the furniture does not fully load and the grey hourglass remains isntead of showing the furniture. Then I know there is no point in even trying.

I just had it again a few minutes ago and decided to try the Java Web Start and there I have no issues. That is at least an easy work around for the time being for me.
[Aug 1, 2017, 6:40:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Could some of you give a chance to the Windows installer of the version 5.5 Beta 11? As explained here, it comes with the latest Java Runtime Environment 8u144 which seems to work better.
Thanks for your feedback smile
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 6, 2017, 10:09:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TeeSeR

Switzerland

I could confirm that with Windows 10 newest pachtes, SH3D with built-in Intel HD 4000 graphics (Core i7 mobile QuadCore) is very slow suddenly (at least aeral view). Some months ago aerial was fast enought. Reinstalling Java does not speed up. But I configured the graphics software to use NVidia NVS 5400M graphics for java instead. This is working fine, aerial is fluent now.
Also the webstart variant is working fine (tested before I switched to NVidia graphics).
[Aug 6, 2017, 8:03:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

TeeSeR, thanks for your feedback. Did you have the chance to try the Windows installer of the version 5.5 Beta 11 mentioned in my last post, with the slow graphics driver of your PC?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 6, 2017, 8:09:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved