Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 109
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 219787 times and has 108 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3d View suddenly impossibly slow

borbelyimi, did you try the driver after uninstalling Java3D 1.5.1 for AMD 64, and verifying that Sweet Home 3D was slow again?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 1, 2017, 1:23:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Metal89, rhawke, can you report what Java 3D version is displayed in the About dialog of Sweet Home 3D after you installed Java3D 1.5.1 for AMD 64?
[Sep 1, 2017, 2:14:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
borbelyimi

Hungary

Hi,
I installed the Java3D, and the 3d view were good for a _short time_.
Then I installed the Intel graphic driver and the 3d view is good! I think the Java3D is unnecessary, but I didn't uninstall it.
[Sep 1, 2017, 2:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

borbelyimi, could you report the Java 3D version displayed in the About dialog then uninstall Java3D 1.5.1 and check how it works?
[Sep 1, 2017, 3:01:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
borbelyimi

Hungary

Hi,

Before I uninstalled the Java3D the version in the about dialog is 1.6.0.
After I uninstalled Java3D 1.5.1 the version in the about dialog is the same (1.6.0).
[Sep 5, 2017, 7:02:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rhawke

United States

borbelyimi
Before I uninstalled the Java3D the version in the about dialog is 1.6.0.
After I uninstalled Java3D 1.5.1 the version in the about dialog is the same (1.6.0).

same for me with 64 bit mode extremely slow and installing and uninstalling did not change anything (only Webstart 32 bit worked)

borbelyimi
Then I installed the Intel graphic driver and the 3d view is good! I think the Java3D is unnecessary, but I didn't uninstall it.

This finally did the trick! After updating the Intel Graphics Driver, I can work in normal desktop mode with 64 bit again! Looks like the Intel Graphics Driver could not work with Java 3D 1.6 in 64 bit mode.

Thanks borbelyimi for finding this solution!
[Sep 11, 2017, 5:48:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In Sweet Home 3D 5.5 released last week, I added the 3 following options to Windows installer to let you choose the Java 3D version and architecture used by the program when there are some problems:
/os.arch=x86 will force the installation of the 32 bit version of Sweet Home 3D under Windows 64 bit
/j3d.version=1.5.2 will force the installation of Java 3D 1.5.2 (default Java 3D version until Windows 7)
/j3d.version=1.6 will force the installation of Java 3D 1.6 (default Java 3D version from Windows 8)

To use these options, simply execute the installer in a cmd window followed by the options of your choice separated by spaces. For example:
C:\SweetHome3D-5.5-windows.exe /j3d.version=1.5.2 /os.arch=x86

For people not used to commands, this can be achieved this way:
- Press <Windows> + R keys
- Type cmd and press <enter> key
- Drag and drop the icon of the installer SweetHome3D-5.5-windows.exe in the command window
- Type a space in the cmd window
- Copy /os.arch=x86 /j3d.version=1.5.2 and paste it in the cmd window
- Press <enter> key.

From you last comments, using Java 3D 1.5.2 after updating your graphics driver might be enough to run Sweet Home 3D under Windows 64 bit, in which case you could first try to run the installer with the option /j3d.version=1.5.2

I'm looking forward to reading your comments to be able to modify the FAQ accordingly.
[Sep 11, 2017, 8:33:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rhawke

United States

For some reason after a few days the old problem was back even though I didn't change anything. However, I had to replace my laptop this week and with the new one, also running Win 10, Java 1.8 and Java 3D 1.6 in 64 bit mode, everything worked fine right out of the box.

Good news, problem solved, bad news I won't be able to test the changes to the installer.
[Sep 21, 2017, 6:03:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ybon

Hi,

Running SH3D after a long period without using it, seems I'm hitting the same issue: it's abnormaly slow.
For example, trying to draw a wall on a new project takes something like 5 seconds.
Sometimes it even takes longer for the wall to be drawn on the drawing area than on the 3D viewer.

I'm running Arch Linux on a Precision 5510, with i5-6300HQ Skylake CPUs, 16Gb of RAM.
Graphic card is a Nvidia GM107GLM (Quadro M1000M).
I've a 4k screen (3840x2160).

I'm running Java through OpenJDK 1.9:

java -version
openjdk version "9"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 9+181)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode)

Java 3D version is 1.6.0.

SH3D version is 5.5.2:

Here is some of my attemps to workaround the situation, but without luck:

- using OpenJDK 8
- java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2 -jar SweetHome3D-5.6.jar
- ./javaws SweetHome3D.jnlp

Any idea what more I should try/check to understand/fix the issue?

Thanks for your hints!

Yohan
[Nov 14, 2017, 7:55:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RalphB

Germany

Many thanks to Emmanuel! The /j3d.version=1.5.2 option works for me. Not dirty trick anymore, just adding the Sweethome3D.l4j.ini with changed options and everything works fine. In my case no performance issues with Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator, Driver 9.14.3.1177 and Windows 10 32bit, 1607.

Many thanks again!
[Nov 18, 2017, 9:02:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved