Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 109
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 219660 times and has 108 replies Next Thread
nschoot

Nederland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3d View suddenly impossibly slow

Maybe this helps others, but when I completely hide the Plan pane, the 3d view window suddenly is a LOT faster.

So, when I drag the divider between the 3d view and the plan view completely up, to hide the plan view, performance dramatically INCREASES... It's a bit counter-intuitive and it suggests that the 3d drawing is not the problem, but the 2d is...
[Apr 15, 2018, 9:06:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
picmau

what about the efficiency and quality of the results, using recording programs of what you see on the monitor as for example obs, camtasia studii , screencast-o-matic
[May 28, 2018, 11:10:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
picmau

...I have to do a projection of the video presentation of the project I made with Sw3d and the sweet home 3d video generation program at the best quality requires 420 hours !! I do not know how to do...
[May 28, 2018, 11:15:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tootechnical

USA

Wow! Usually 99% of the time when trying to find a fix for something, I'm never successful. When searching for and finding this feed while trying to fix the error of "Direct X" failing and needing updating in Windows 10, I gave this a shot and it worked. However, instead of the 5.5 installer I used the new download 5.7.

I did exactly what you spelled out:
For people not used to commands, this can be achieved this way:
- Press <Windows> + R keys
- Type cmd and press <enter> key
- Drag and drop the icon of the installer SweetHome3D-5.5-windows.exe in the command window (except I used the 5.7 downloaded installer)
- Type a space in the cmd window
- Copy /os.arch=x86 /j3d.version=1.5.2 and paste it in the cmd window
- Press <enter> key.

PERFECT!!
Thank you for all your help!
[Jun 10, 2018, 1:46:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
makkemoi

I'm Using sweet home on linux. Found that by increasing initial minimum memory allocation made screen (2d) to update faster.

I have high DPI display and for that used also suggested parameters.

The additional parameters used:
-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2 -Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont=Dialog-12 -Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont=SansSerif-12 -Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont=SansSerif-12

Cheers biggrin
[Oct 1, 2018, 9:17:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TheDecorium

United States

Opening a cmd prompt and reinstalling helped make the program 6.1.2 run properly but this should be the default of the installer to automatically apply these settings based on your machine specs. so my cmd line looked similar to

c:\downloads\utilitys\SweetHome3d\SweetHome3D-6.1.2-windows.exe /j3d.version=1.5.2 /os.arch=x86.

Just was a hassle to install this way, like i said it should have been click install, enjoy building
[Feb 15, 2019, 9:00:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Detecting the machine specs is too complicated: it depends on the version of the system and of the graphics drivers, and before all, I don't have the means to test all the possible combinations.
Anyway, from version 6.0, selecting the 32 bit architecture option in the installer just installs Sweet Home 3D with the same command line options you cited, and this choice is the default selected one under Windows 10 64 bit.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 15, 2019, 9:33:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
niente0

Even installing with these parameters, Sweet Home 6.2 is still terribly slow and unusable. I think we've some serious bugs here.
[Jul 21, 2019, 1:18:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coldcomfort

Same problem here, although i'm using Win 7, 32 bit. Always worked like a charm. Just started using the program again after a long time. Updated to the latest version and the program becomes jumpy and then soon impossibly slow. I thought the problem is with my modest hardware, and somewhat complex model (using the editor to make custom "brick" units cobbled together into see through wall portions). But it seems more people have experienced the same lately.
[Jul 30, 2019, 1:14:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Try an older version like 4.6 which used another version of Java and Java 3D. If you see no difference, it's probably not an issue in Sweet Home 3D.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 30, 2019, 1:24:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved