Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 109
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 219720 times and has 108 replies Next Thread
coldcomfort

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3d View suddenly impossibly slow

I tried it. Works a little better, but still much slower than i remember. All the more complex elements were blacked out though, on account of missing functionality between the versions i suppose. The newer version is just bearable with all that "fluff "made invisible. It seems there's a very fine margin between somewhat slow and impossible slow, at my end. I tried some for the solutions mentioned through the topic, but so far no luck. Perhaps it's a sign i need a newer PC, but seeing other people suffering the same is intriguing.
[Jul 30, 2019, 2:04:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xyzzy

USA

I had this issue in Windows 10 64 bit and two things seemed to improve it. I switched to the app store version of the program and performance improved slightly. I increased my computer memory (DRAM) from 8gb to 32gb and that vastly improved things. I noticed the issue was more pronounced with textures (specifically floor, and likely ceiling and wall although my file doesn't have those). Disabling textures improved performance. I think increasing DRAM must have helped load the textures.
[Oct 6, 2019, 4:34:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DonnaNCarolina

USA
applause Re: 3d View suddenly impossibly slow

YAY!!! This finally fixed it ... from the developer in post on Aug 6, 2017 4:09:07 PM ... run in cmd line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin\javaws.exe" -J-d64 http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3D.jnlp

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
[Oct 12, 2019, 8:30:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vij974

France

Hello,

The issue has been fixed on my side by installing the plugins "AdvancedSettings_PhotoRendering-1.3.1.sh3p" and "PhotoVideoRendering-1.8.zip". You can find them here: "http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins.jsp".

Good luck :)
[Oct 19, 2019, 9:16:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Vij974, I’m happy you like this plugin but it doesn’t act on the 3D view, just on the rendering process. Could there have been an update in your system that speeds up Sweet Home 3D?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 19, 2019, 9:38:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vij974

France

Emmanuel, I did not made any update on my computer. In fact the 2D object rendering and also the 3D rendering where very slow since a while.
I discovered then the plugins so I wanted to test them (not to resolve the issue but just to test the plugin), so without any other change but after installing them the rendering gone well by miracle. I don't know what really happened but that's what I experienced and that's why I put this comment.
I understand that there is maybe no link between the plugin and the 3D view but that what resolved the issue on my side.
Good luck to everyone.
[Oct 20, 2019, 6:48:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ntimmy

Россия

Hi there! I have a some trubles with sweethome3d.
if sweethome3d.sh is looked like this? I have a super slow 2d screen.
All menus is working perfectI cat to see all itema and command.

#!/bin/sh
#
#
BASEPATH=/usr/share/sweethome3d
JAVA_ARGS="-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni \
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationFolders=$HOME/.eteks/sweethome3d:/usr/share/sweethome3d \
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.checkOffScreenSupport=false \
-Dsun.java2d.opengl=false"

. /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh

find_java_runtime java7

find_jars j3dcore j3dutils vecmath batik
find_jars sunflow itext janino freehep-util freehep-io freehep-xml
find_jars freehep-graphics2d freehep-graphicsio freehep-graphicsio-svg
find_jars /usr/share/sweethome3d/sweethome3d.jar
find_jars /usr/share/icedtea-web/netx.jar

cd $BASEPATH
run_java com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D -open "$@"

If I have used this version sweethome3d.sh I have not to see menu items, clear screen.
#!/bin/sh
#
#
BASEPATH=/usr/share/sweethome3d
JAVA_ARGS="-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni \
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationFolders=$HOME/.eteks/sweethome3d:/usr/share/sweethome3d \
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.checkOffScreenSupport=false \
-Dsun.java2d.opengl=true"

. /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh

find_java_runtime java7

find_jars j3dcore j3dutils vecmath batik
find_jars sunflow itext janino freehep-util freehep-io freehep-xml
find_jars freehep-graphics2d freehep-graphicsio freehep-graphicsio-svg
find_jars /usr/share/sweethome3d/sweethome3d.jar
find_jars /usr/share/icedtea-web/netx.jar

cd $BASEPATH
run_java com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D -open "$@"
[Oct 20, 2019, 8:02:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CasualDesigner

US

This is now happening to me. I've been away from the program for a while, so I updated when prompted. Now it's so very slow. Same laptop, same specs as before. Use the Java Web Start fixes it, but then I can't use the 'copy as new furniture' plug-in.

Was it ever figured out how to fix this without the Java? I tried the cmd line mentioned and it didn't change anything.
[Jan 1, 2020, 8:48:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CasualDesigner

US

ETA: I'm a doofus, i was installing the wrong version. I forgot that this laptop is 64 bit for some odd reason. Seems to be working fine now.
[Jan 2, 2020, 12:04:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
locofocos

United States

I'm running into this slowness, and none of the posted suggestions have fixed it for me. 2 other computers (Windows 10 and Mac) in my house can run this program wonderfully, but on my Windows 10 desktop PC, the 3D views are awful. The "awfulness" seems proportional to the number of 3D objects being shown.

"awful" = There is a delay between panning camera w/ mouse and the 3d view showing it. Also extremely low FPS (about 5 FPS I'd guess).

My system specs:
Windows 10, AMD 1100T processor (pretty fast back in 2011), AMD Radeon R9 200 GPU, 16 GB of ram

My initial installation:
Running version 6.2
Java version 1.8.0_202 - 64 bit (bundled JRE it looks like)
Java 3d version 1.6.1
3d view (virtual visit) is "awful".

I tried the web launch method. Using system java, JRE 1.8.0_144.
> javaws.exe -J-d64 http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3D.jnlp
3d view (virtual visit) is "awful".

I reinstalled with command line options for java 3d 1.5.2 and 32 bit.
3d view (virtual visit) is "awful". To experiment around a bit more with my cabin model (which displays fine on another Windows 10 system):
Panning the aerial 3D view is "awful".
Panning the aerial 3D view, but only displaying 1 floor of my cabin (mostly just walls, windows, stairs), is about 30 FPS.
Panning the aerial 3D view, display all floors+furniture of my cabin is about 2 FPS.
Deleting everything in my model and drawing a bare room with 4 walls, panning the aerial 3d view is 60 FPS smooth, no lag (hence my "proportional" comment at the top).

Update system java to java version "1.8.0_231". Run app via jar (java -jar SweetHome3D-6.2.jar)

Running via jar, hiding the 2D view speeds up the 3d view.
Same behavior as "experiment around a bit more with my cabin model" above.

Does anyone have any other things I can try? My system can run 3D games just fine. The other Windows 10 system in my house is using the same versions as my "initial installation" above. Thanks!
[Jan 12, 2020, 5:56:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved