Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8611 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
ltd77

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to do a vaulted and flat ceiling of a single wall

Hello:

I found another way to do this and thought I would share. I created a new level above the current elevation called "ceiling". In this new level, I created the sloped walls that extend upward from the walls of the level below it. One end if the walls are close to zero as I could get (1/8"), and the highest point ended up being 2'10". Then, I created a room in this area, and checked "show ceiling", and unchecked "show floor". Under the "3D View" menu, I also selected "Display all levels", which I had not seen before, which will show the levels above and below from the Virtual Visit feature all together. On the main level I unchecked "show ceiling", so that it will show the sloped ceiling from the level above it. Now, the 3D view looks correct and also the Create Photo feature is drawing in the correct ceiling!

Chris
[May 18, 2017, 4:27:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Cool !

The most important is your success!

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 18, 2017, 6:11:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dmcclurg

United States

I am still not sure how to have the ceiling drawn correct for the Virtual Visit feature. I am not sure how the program is drawing the ceiling for the Virtual Visit feature and how it determines the ceiling height. Does it always draw the ceiling at the height of the wall? [cut] Would that be the correct way to do this?

This is also my question. I do not understand how the ceiling is drawn for a room when using the Virtual Visit feature.
[May 28, 2021, 5:36:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As indicated in the help about editing rooms, the ceiling of a room is at the height of the level it belongs to, except for the last level where the height depends on the height of the closest walls.
See also that this post, this tip and this other tip for more examples.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 28, 2021, 12:48:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved