Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9243 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Jibness

uk
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Open double door needed

hi, I am getting slightly frustrated with the open door model. I have been trying to create an open double door using the single door but I end up with a frame in the centre of the doors. I have tried to import different open double door models from various sites but when I place them they go to the thickness of the wall its being placed in and you carn't see the open door correctly. Does anyone have a suggestion or a reliable model I can use I just need an open double door with no glass that shows up correctly when placing it within a wall like the single door does.
[May 3, 2017, 1:46:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Open double door needed

Did you disable magnetism to be able to resize the depth of the door once you place it on the wall?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 3, 2017, 4:22:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

This is an edited version of the one that came with the program, just two open doors stitched together with the center frame removed. Hopefully it fits what you are looking for.

Open Double Door

[May 21, 2017, 2:30:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Bubblobill, thanks for trying but the faces of the 3D model you proposed are not well oriented when imported in Sweet Home 3D : I guess you forgot to select the option Mesh > Normals > Flip Normals on the mirrored door you created in Blender.
By the way, it's clearly a work derived from the open door available in Sweet Home 3D and the OBJ file should repeat the same license in its header when you redistribute a modified version (OBJ file is a text file, so it's easy to update it). Of course, you can add in this header your name as a contributor.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 21, 2017, 2:56:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

I thought I had fixed the normals. I'll get the hang of this one day.
Thanks for providing the link to the source. This version includes original license and source.

Updated Open Double Door

[May 22, 2017, 4:42:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Nice. After seeing the lamp , it is pretty clear you can work your way around PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties. The door might be even more useful with cut-out, door openings and wall alignment smile. A double door, I am sure, could come in handy to quite a few SH3D users. ok
[May 24, 2017, 7:33:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

The double door is what I've been looking for. If I drop the door onto a wall it still has a frame in between the doors.

I'm obviously doing something wrong?
[Nov 5, 2018, 1:41:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Download Furniture Library Editor , load your model, select "Door or window", select "Customized cut out shape (SVG)" and type in "M0,0 v1 h1 v-1 z". Give a name, choose category etc. and save.

Or download this model (#509 ) - if you have SH3D 6.0 you'll be able to open the door.

[Nov 7, 2018, 2:35:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

That's just the job. Thanks alaX wink
[Nov 9, 2018, 8:31:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved