Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3900 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
shockwave

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bad rendering

Hi , can anybody help me, why tiles between shelves are rendered . I enclosed link to 3D warehouse and rendered model from Sweet Home 3D.

https://forums.sketchup.com/t/sweet-home-3d-problem-with-rendering/45066/5

1.First image has on roght bottom corner logo 3D warehouse, clikck on it and on next page can download model to sketchup.

2.Second image - bad rendered shelves and tiles. Photo is done straight from Sweet Home 3D. Thanks for help
[May 24, 2017, 8:20:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Bad rendering

Had a look and the problem seems to be in the model. Here is my guess supposing I read the Sketchup thread correctly:
1) The issue may not be the orientation of the back surface as such, but Sketchup exporting two sided faces (can be changed in exporting options). There are several threads about this in the forum (and elsewhere on the net). In thread 6462 you will find a lengthy discussion about this (list of issues to consider in thread 7238). You could probably fix this in Sketchup by doing a one sided export (and maybe delete colours/textures applied to back surfaces).
2) The kitchen model still only seems to have one thin surface with tiles. If aligned to a wall in SH3D, you may still experience problems (SH3D wall behind could bleed through) unless the tiles are moved a bit in from the SH3D wall.

An easier fix may be to set the tiled back wall to invisible in SH3D (Modify furniture - Modify colour / texture and set the tiles in auto_24 to invisible, and apply tiles to the wall in SH3D.

ok
[May 24, 2017, 10:51:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved