Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 26
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 59188 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Small Family Home

Surprise, surprise... I've created another home. Here's a quick screenshot of the floor plan.

As you can see, I've spent the past 2 days creating and furnishing the house. What I haven't gotten to is the exterior, including the roofing. The patio was added just shortly before taking that screenshot, and as such it's not furnished yet.

It's not very big, mainly for either a single person or a a couple - either just starting out or "Empty-nesters" - with an extra room for either a nursery or a visiting grandchild. biggrin

I think I'll get some rendered pictures done of it in the future.
----------------------------------------

[May 29, 2017, 3:48:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Small Family Home

I've been working on it, with the "help" of my roommates' youngest son... he's 6-years-old... quite a bit of yellow (his favorite color), including the outside walls... and the outside looks so... "average"... sad

I'm in the process of trying to get a rendered picture of the front; I'll post it as soon as I can...

[Jun 4, 2017, 6:52:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've been trying for the last few days to get a rendered picture. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened. Each time it's taken about 5 hours to get half a picture (or sometimes an incomplete rendering), all the while the program slows down and I can't do anything with the file.

Here's a couple of screen shots of the front and back aerial view.

You can see the influence my roommates' youngest son has had on the exterior of the house, namely the color of the stucco and the color of the lilies in the front. biggrin I actually find it to be way too bright a yellow for covering the whole outside, but if I try to change it I get a 6-year-old trying to hold in his anger...

Here's what the stucco looks like.

"I'm blind! I'm blind!" laughing

Also, I notice that the roofing isn't showing well. Here's what that is supposed to look like.

I haven't gotten to decorating the patio yet either. I'll probably get to that shortly.

And as for rendering interior pictures, I'm probably going to have to make separate files for the different rooms.

And finally (picture wise this time around that is), here's an updated screenshot of the floor plan.

The exterior seems to be rather plain, even with the eye-watering color, and I don't know why.

[Jun 6, 2017, 2:55:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

I like the style of your house. applause

But the color of the walls sick ... in France we call it 'mustard'... cool

Try with a pastel color...
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jun 6, 2017, 6:12:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

I like this family home too! We feel like being in an American series.
[Jun 7, 2017, 2:21:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, bdfd and VeroniQ. I guess because I've lived with the style of homes found here in the US, they seem to be plain to me.

I was being silly when I was trying to render a picture of this house; I had it completely furnished (on the inside) and it was at 46.2 MB compressed! No wonder I was having trouble!

So, I saved it as a separate file and emptied out the furniture (except for the lighting and built-ins of course). It's now at 17.6 MB compressed and I've been able to get a rendered front aerial picture. I did keep the vehicle, just moved it outside as decoration. laughing

And once I got that rendered, the mustard yellow stucco has become a lemon yellow stucco! sick sick sick I'm getting rid of the yellow (thank you for your advice on that, bdfd) and replacing it with a basic roughcast texture from the library.

So, now I can overload that file with decorating the patio and get a picture of that as soon as I can. biggrin

[Jun 7, 2017, 8:51:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

And since posting those last pictures, I've been working on the patio. Not only did I add furnishings, I changed a few things about it.

As you can see in the floor plan, I extended the square footage of the patio, moved the walkway a bit, added bushes, etc. There's fireplace and seating around it, a table for dining, a barbecue with a preparation area, and a place to lay out and catch some sun.

Here's the aerial view.

I'm working on getting a virtual visitor view of the patio and should, I think, have that shortly.

[Jun 8, 2017, 3:44:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

And once I got that rendered, the mustard yellow stucco has become a lemon yellow stucco! ...
Hi Aeowyn,
Too cutie with the new texture... love struck

More, All is on lonely floor ! applause
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jun 8, 2017, 5:50:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, bdfd. I thought you'd appreciate that there isn't a single set of stairs. Although, I did put in a small attic space; I might add in one of those pull out stairs to access it...

So, I started to take a virtual visitor point of view rendering of the patio area and realized that some of it was a bit dark, and ended up adding some additional lighting. So, I've taken two, from two different angles.

Taken from in front of the back door. The outdoor fireplace I used didn't have a fire pictured in it, so I didn't add that lighting in there and that part looks a bit darker than I'd like.

Taken from next to the barbecue. I just realized that the logo is very much visible on the brickwork furniture - I really don't like that... sad

Upon looking at these, maybe I should put a lamppost near the barbecue as it seems a bit dark there too.

[Jun 8, 2017, 7:44:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've worked just about most of the day getting pictures rendered of the inside.

Living room; first taken from the front door looking to the kitchen (yes, that's a metal and glass fireplace screen in front of the fireplace, which in this case is an electric one), second taken from the corner near the outside wall near the fireplace looking to the hallway. I'm not sure, but should I take out the roses and put in a lamp? Wow, did that clock render strangely! Same for the one side table near the door!

Kitchen; first taken from the doorway from the living room looking to the hallway, second taken from the doorway from the hallway looking to the living room. The stove hood is supposed to look like distressed metal. And that same side table in the living room (visible in the first picture) rendered horribly!

Dining room; first taken from the doorway from the hallway looking to the back corner, second taken from the back corner looking to the front door through the window. biggrin I'm not sure why the room is coming up as dark as it is though.

Master bedroom; first taken from near the door to the hallway looking out the back window, second taken from the back corner near the sitting area looking to the door to the hallway, third taken inside the walk-in closet.

Bathroom, taken from the door to the hallway.

Bedroom; first taken from the door to the hallway, second taken from head of bed, third taken inside the walk-in closet.

1-car garage; first taken from one of the corners near the garage door looking back to the laundry/utility room (and yes there is a window between the two rooms), second taken from the opposite corner looking to the garage door. Does the car look darker here than it did in the exterior shot?

Laundry/Utility room; first taken from the door to the garage, second taken from the back wall near the back door.

Wow, I think that's all the rooms. laughing

Unfortunately all the television sets are off; no Star Trek or Star Wars. sad biggrin

[Jun 9, 2017, 5:07:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved