Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10462 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
rijul

India
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
fluid designer vs sweethome3D rendering

I am looking to start my career as a home designer.

I really love the ease of making things in SH3D, however the rendering when compared to fluid designer and other professional softwares seems a bit lacking.
That is it looks less realistic. I have seen renders which are very hard to differentiate from photographs.

Is it due to the models, textures? Can we import better models? or is it due to built-in rendering capabilities.

Look forward to hearing.
[May 31, 2017, 8:09:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: fluid designer vs sweethome3D rendering

My main goal when programming and improving Sweet Home 3D is first to make home designing easy, not to compete with professional expensive solutions.
Nevertheless, the program lets you import better models, and create nice renderings if needed.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 31, 2017, 8:22:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rijul

India
Re: fluid designer vs sweethome3D rendering

Mr Emmanuel
You've done a fantastic job!
The ease with which I was able to create my room in Sweet Home 3D without even going through any demo videos was unbelievable.
It speaks for how well designed and intuitive the program is ! merci !

Could you guide with how I can make better models?
Also, fluid designer is an open source project based on blender.
I was really impressed with how it handled chrome, glass and fabric renders specifically.
https://www.microvellum.com/solutions/fluid-designer/

It'd be awesome to get similar results from Sweet Home 3D too.

Merci :)
[May 31, 2017, 8:52:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved