Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5407 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
kmic

Malta
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Creating a garage ramp

Hi,

First of all well done for this software! I'm still new using it, but have managed to figure out a number of features with the help of the tutorials & forum.

Haven't managed to draw the garage ramp though. The garage is at basement level, and therefore a ramp is needed to access the garage. Something similar to: https://previews.123rf.com/images/baloncici/b...ng-garage-Stock-Photo.jpg

How can I draw this in Sweet Home 3D? I need the floor to be sloping, not the ceiling of the level below it to be sloping.

Thanks!

kmic
[Jun 1, 2017, 7:24:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Creating a garage ramp

Place a triangular shape on the basement level (outside) and adjust height to ground level. It will cut a hole in the ground. There are several forum posts (e.g.6297 and 7134). Cannot find the most detailed one off hand, though. ok
[Jun 1, 2017, 9:23:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

I made this model with transition slopes, transparent roof, and clearance sign. It is too long for most domestic uses but resizing may give you something useful.

[Jun 2, 2017, 3:28:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

One of my first projects had a garage under the ground.
For the way, I used triangular shapes.

General view Here

Closer views :

and

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jun 2, 2017, 5:55:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kmic

Malta

Cool thanks! Going to try them out!

What did you use to create the models you sent me? (the ramp / shape objects)
[Jun 2, 2017, 7:47:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kmic

Malta

Update: I managed to do the ramp using the triangular shape you sent me. Thanks!! The ramp model looked awesome, but couldn't adapt it for my needs.

I also managed to create stairs in Sketchup and import them into SweetHome3D. Still trying to figure out how to create it in such a way that when you go to Modify furniture / Materials, there are separate materials for each part of the stairs (sides, risers etc)
[Jun 2, 2017, 9:18:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

It is possible to rename materials in Sketchup (e.g. from 0003_DeepPink to Railing), and a model exported to .dae and imported in SH3D will keep the same material names.

Avoid using two sided export (in Export 3D options). And you may have to use orient or reverse faces in Sketchup to get the surfaces right.

ok
[Jun 3, 2017, 11:11:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kmic

Malta

Thanks a lot for all your help :) Managed!
[Jun 5, 2017, 7:40:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved