Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4109 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Add a new home property to a change listener

The setProperty method allow to set a new property associated with a home.
But can this property be taken into account by the addPropertyChangeListener method without returning an IllegalArgumentException if you use valueOf (String name)?

With this code:
this.home.addPropertyChangeListener(Home.Property.valueOf(ENHANCED_EXTERNAL_BRIGHTNESS),
new PropertyChangeListener() {
public void propertyChange(PropertyChangeEvent ev) {
isEnhancedExternalBrightness = Boolean.parseBoolean(home.getProperty(ENHANCED_EXTERNAL_BRIGHTNESS));
externalBrightnessEnabledCheckBox.setSelected(isEnhancedExternalBrightness);
}
});

I have this error:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant com.eteks.sweethome3d.model.Home.Property.enhancedExternalBrightness

----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Jun 7, 2017, 2:15:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Add a new home property to a change listener

The method valueOf of an enum takes into account only values of the enum that exist.
The main problem comes from the fact that enums are final, and using enums for these properties is actually a wrong idea I had sad
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 7, 2017, 10:51:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Re: Add a new home property to a change listener

I wanted to bind the enhance external brightness option of the photo panel to the video panel.
The alternative would be an implicit selection from the photo panel only.

The main problem comes from the fact that enums are final, and using enums for these properties is actually a wrong idea I had sad
I do not know if other developers needed to add a new home property to existing ones but if there is a solution for it to be possible without too much changing the source code, why not?
EnkoNyito
[Jun 7, 2017, 8:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved